goose floaters

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

goose floaters

Postby puddlerjumper » Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:10 pm

Looking for some canada goose floaters, anyone have any reccomendations? If I could get 1 or 2 dozen, I would be set. I prefer removable keels so I can throw them in the field when I cant use my rags. I was either looking at the redhead xps floaters or the ghg, but would definitely prefer the redheads for the price.
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:03 am

I have alot of BigFeet, but tried the GHG this past year - and liked them alot! Great poses and they are well colored, well shaped and very durable. No paint issues and I have used them at least a dozen times. They are heavier than the BF.

If looking for field and water use yoyu may wish to consider the Carylite aqua-vac decoys. I bought a couple dozen at least 20 years ago when they first came out and thy have held up through alot of use....they are very versatile and look good - although I did have to re-paint and touch-up the white under the tail and the patch, but that was after at least 15 seasons.

Just my opinions! I have Flambeaus too, but they are not as good or realistic IMO. I like to mix up the models in the set.
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby quackkiller » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:49 pm

I've got some GHG floaters and they look awesome. The keel on em is kind of small so you could probably use em in the field. One of my buddies drove by when I had them out huntin one day and he told me he thought they were real geese sittin out there.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:11 pm

:withstupid: ................ GHG all the way!

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby HatterWayne » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:30 pm

BFs or GHG, can't go wrong with either.

:-)
HatterWayne
Pro Hunter

Postby dukdawg » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:00 pm

i've got a dozen of the Suc-Goose decoys. there's a cavity in the bottom so that they stick to the water. they work real well on land and ice. only problem is that they're hard Styrofoam. so you have to be careful with them. but they're super lite.
"A good woman needs to cook, carry a Bible, and pick ducks." - Phil Robertson
dukdawg
hunter

Postby duckbuster » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:34 pm

go big foot floaters or the ones i love the GHG flocked floaters
duckbuster
hunter

Postby 2rivers » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:49 pm

I prefer the bigfoot over the GHG. Have had no problem with the bigfoot at all out of five dozen no leakers or paint problems. I will glue the heads on this year because i dont like them swiveling around when i am picking them up. I have one dozen GHG, i think they look as good and maybe better than the bigfoots but after only a little use some of the white on the cheek patches coming off and they are very heavy to pick up and my hands can feel the weight difference and get tired after only picking up the few i have. bigfoots can be bought for 250 or less per doz depending on quantity. GHG are usually 250 or a little higher because of the flocked heads. Buy now you might get a discount because of it not being hunting season.
2rivers
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:23 pm

Bigfoot or G&H.
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum