Mojo Floater

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

Mojo Floater

Postby Tyger » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Im looking into getting a few new motion decoys for my spread this year. Im thinking on getting a few MOJO Floaters. Anyone have reviews on what they think about them
Tyger
hunter

Re: Mojo Floater

Postby biscuitsandgravy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:53 pm

They do what they should, i run 2 and a buddy runs 2. No problems with them, not sure they are effective anymore unless they are used in fields.
biscuitsandgravy
hunter

Postby Tyger » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:26 pm

What makes you think that? I have a few regular mojos but i was looking into them to give my spread an even more realistic look.
Tyger
hunter

Postby biscuitsandgravy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:08 pm

Just an observation. Mine work fine when I use them, never had one go bad yet.
biscuitsandgravy
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:51 am

I have the Hidgon Flasher 2s two of them. After one hunt both stopped working. One dump in the water and the motors are done. Completely unstable in moving water.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Location: Where racketeering, conspiracy, fraud and soliciting of bribes for political appointments is normal

Postby waterfowler9 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:58 pm

KillerKowalski wrote:I have the Hidgon Flasher 2s two of them. After one hunt both stopped working. One dump in the water and the motors are done. Completely unstable in moving water.

I have the same one, it will tip over in wind or current more so than the mojo brand. Mine was up side down for several minutes and i have had no issues with the motor seizing up.
waterfowler9
hunter

Mojo Floater

Postby KillerKowalski » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:35 pm

Good to know. I just returned mine to Cabelas today. Super nice decoy but both seizing up stunk.
Last edited by KillerKowalski on Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Location: Where racketeering, conspiracy, fraud and soliciting of bribes for political appointments is normal

Postby Weedwacker » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:19 pm

My second year with this, really like the size, flash and water spray.
Everything has it's limits and pretty sure it's not made for ruff water or very high wind, but I use it almost every outing.

I think the smaller wings give just enough flash to be seen. My mojo's are sitting as they seem to give to much flash that's not needed were I hunt.

If it's that windy and ruff, the decoys should give the movement needed , just my .02
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

Google- Pro Staff
Weedwacker
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum