Silohuette carrier???????????

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

Silohuette carrier???????????

Postby benelliboomer » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:00 pm

I just bought 48 duck silos off craigslist for 50 bucks. I'd rather not spend as much on the bag as the decoys. Any cheap ideas on how to carry/store them.
I was thinking a duffle bag with a hole in the bottom for the stakes?
Benelli. BOOM. BOOM. BOOM.
benelliboomer
hunter

Re: Silohuette carrier???????????

Postby ThatBigGoose » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:58 pm

I had the same problem and I ended up finding an old laundry/ duffle bag that put mine in and it works pretty good so far
ThatBigGoose
hunter

Postby TrapperRob » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:10 pm

If it fits, get a grocery store reusable bag. Cut a hole in the bottom of the bag, or use removable stakes.
I went into the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
-Henry David Thoreau
TrapperRob
hunter

Postby greenbean » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:29 pm

A military "aviators kit bag" will hold a plenty...it is different from an army duffle in that it zips at the top and has 2 carry handles. It is deep enough to keep the stakes on if you wish. Should be able to find a used one at army/navy or online pretty cheap.

I know a guy that stashes 2 dozen duck silhouttes in an old beach bag too. My wife calls it a "tote", very similar to the reusable grocery bag mentioned above only a little bit bigger. Spray paint if needed.
greenbean
hunter

Postby Mike657 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:23 am

We have 12 realgeese and we used to use an old T.V. box to carry them around. We then bought the avery bag for them it works real good.
Good Luck in the field-Mike.
Mike657
hunter

Postby Mike657 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:24 am

Or it was a northern flight bag.
Good Luck in the field-Mike.
Mike657
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum