Avian X Toplight

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DUKHTR, fowlhunter, Remman

Avian X Toplight

Postby cONG » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:41 pm

I have looking at buying some, but want some more input and reviews. If you have any pitchers plz post them up. Do you notice any difference in birds decoys inn? How is the paint holding up? I know they just came out but someone must have some input.
cONG
hunter

Re: Avian X Toplight

Postby DKMF » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:52 am

I got 18 on Texas rig and have hunted them three times. No noticeable painr wear and the birds didn't not react different. Not the cure all end all to decoy shy birds but the have good head positions.
DKMF
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:31 am

I have a dozen of them, I have kept them in a slotted bag just for the fact of what I paid for them. Looks on the water and movement are hands down top of the line. About to grab another dozen, all will be Texas rigged and thrown in a mesh decoy bag. I have taken one the decoys and tossed it around in the back of the truck and what not, no damage to the paint. Like I said I am getting more without any hesitation. This is also a very short relationship, we will see what my opinion is after a full season.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby PAwaterfowldominator » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:52 pm

I have 3 dozen. So far, so good. No complaints at all. Very very realistic.
PAwaterfowldominator
hunter

Postby Josh Carlisle » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:32 pm

Bought half a dozen and couldn't be any happier. These are the most realistic decoys on the market hands down! The plastic they are made out of have a little give to it so they wont crack. with the new swim keels they move with the slightest breeze. I would recommend these to anyone.
Josh Carlisle
hunter

Postby AdamG » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:35 am

How are the keels holding up guys? Put my hands on some, but the keels felt very flimsy, was concerned with them freezing and cracking. Great looking blocks, just would like some feedback on the keels. Thanks!
AdamG
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:41 am

AdamG wrote:How are the keels holding up guys? Put my hands on some, but the keels felt very flimsy, was concerned with them freezing and cracking. Great looking blocks, just would like some feedback on the keels. Thanks!

I've hunted twice in weather pushing 10°, no problem with cold water. no paint chips or anything.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby cONG » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:52 pm

Thank for the feedback guys. I will have to buy me a dozen for my Christmas present this year. If anyone have some pitchers of there decoys spread, don't be shy to post pitchers :smile:
cONG
hunter

Postby Greenhead_Wrecker » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:52 pm

cONG wrote:Thank for the feedback guys. I will have to buy me a dozen for my Christmas present this year. If anyone have some pitchers of there decoys spread, don't be shy to post pitchers :smile:

Yeah I second that! They look really nice online but I have only seen a few pictures of them on the water. Post away fellas lolol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greenhead_Wrecker
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:05 pm

wish I took pictures but we start the two week break Monday, these things look great though. hook the feeders up to a jerk rig and its game on.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:58 pm

My little brother picked up a 1/2 of them. I think they do look pretty dang good, and so far they appear to be very durable as well. i threw them out today and didnt see a single chip of paint. but no difference in how or if birds decoy. we had birds landing in the decoys with them this morning and last Friday when I hunted over them.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Greenhead_Wrecker » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:14 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:My little brother picked up a 1/2 of them. I think they do look pretty dang good, and so far they appear to be very durable as well. i threw them out today and didnt see a single chip of paint. but no difference in how or if birds decoy. we had birds landing in the decoys with them this morning and last Friday when I hunted over them.

Pictures please? Lol

Greenhead_Wrecker
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:52 pm

Greenhead_Wrecker wrote:
2500hdon37s wrote:My little brother picked up a 1/2 of them. I think they do look pretty dang good, and so far they appear to be very durable as well. i threw them out today and didnt see a single chip of paint. but no difference in how or if birds decoy. we had birds landing in the decoys with them this morning and last Friday when I hunted over them.

Pictures please? Lol

I'll snap soon
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Full Force Five » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:29 am

My buddy and I picked up 3 dozen I think. All of them were texas riged, toss in a big mouth decoy back, banged around and abused. They held up great. Like G&H great. I was worried about the keels, they seemed flimsey, but they are fine I did dust them flat Krylon clear coat in August to help protect them from scatching. They look awesome and are durable, great combo.

I knew this would happen.
Full Force Five
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum