Anyone used Hard Core decoys?

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, fowlhunter, Remman, DUKHTR

Anyone used Hard Core decoys?

Postby DOC_Lidocane » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:19 pm

I've been out duck hunting a few times now, and have really gotten bit by the bug. I have all my personal gear (waders, blind bag, etc) but no decoys yet. I am a little tight for cash, but still looking to start getting a few decoys of my own. I have seen a sale on Hard Core decoys, an economy pack of a dozen pre-rigged mallards for about $50. Has anyone bought this pack, or even used this brand? I know I am not getting the deluxe versions with moveable, fully flocked heads, but do they hold up well? If I shouldn't go with this brand, what would you suggest around the similar price point?

Thanks in advance for the advice,

Mike
DOC_Lidocane
hunter

Re: Anyone used Hard Core decoys?

Postby shawn_c992001 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:18 am

I have some of their floater Canada goose decoys. They have been good for about 3 seasons now. I am pretty rough with them and the paint has been durable, and the flocking on the heads has held up. My dad has a dozen of the same but rarely hunts and is very gentle with them, his look like new. With the removable keels you can field hunt with them, so that is a plus. I am a firm believer in mixing and matching decoys because of poses available.
shawn_c992001
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum