Rig Em Right Transportation

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

Rig Em Right Transportation

Postby pudgedog95 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:53 am

What do you all think is the best way to transport 12-24 decoys that are all rig em right tangle free style?
pudgedog95
hunter

Re: Rig Em Right Transportation

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:57 am

quacknstack6 wrote:It's Shaun douchenozzle.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby BBK » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:34 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:any wide mouth bag. I use this one

https://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-AVE14S? ... MgodPDQA1A

Yup, that's what I do. I have the hunter specialties version of that bag.
BBK
hunter

Postby pudgedog95 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:59 pm

Thanks!
pudgedog95
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:44 pm

Just throw them in a normal decoy bag, that's what I do. I can grab any decoy and pull it out of the bag without any tangle. If there is it take about 5 seconds to get undone. This is my 3rd season doing this and I have not had any problems. Put them all in a regular decoy bag and try taking them out and see for yourself before you buy a new bag.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:15 pm

Pile them in the decoy sled, I have 3 doz in the pic below, I can pick the sled up and put it in the back of my truck no problem, pull it out when I get where I'm going and off I go. No fiddlin' around with a bag when I get to my spot. I tried that bag thing once with texas rigs, it was a waste of time and defeats the purpose of a quick deploying system. Before I had the sled I just put them in the bed of my truck (has a spray in bed liner) and pull them out and carry them over my shoulder.

Of course when I use my boat I just put them in the front of my boat, and toss them out when I get there.

NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Grouse » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:40 pm

A gravel truck.
Nature teaches more than she preaches. There are no sermons in stones. It is easier to get a spark out of a stone than a moral.
Grouse
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:51 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:Pile them in the decoy sled, I have 3 doz in the pic below, I can pick the sled up and put it in the back of my truck no problem, pull it out when I get where I'm going and off I go. No fiddlin' around with a bag when I get to my spot. I tried that bag thing once with texas rigs, it was a waste of time and defeats the purpose of a quick deploying system. Before I had the sled I just put them in the bed of my truck (has a spray in bed liner) and pull them out and carry them over my shoulder.

Of course when I use my boat I just put them in the front of my boat, and toss them out when I get there.

The main reason I switched to Texas rigs is so I don't have to wrap decoy lines in January. Been wanting a sled though, that's definitely the way to go if the terrain allows it.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby Grouse » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:38 pm

Can you drag that over sand/acorns??? like 1.5 miles worth????
Nature teaches more than she preaches. There are no sermons in stones. It is easier to get a spark out of a stone than a moral.
Grouse
hunter

Postby BBK » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Sleds pull pretty easy on sand as long as its not really loose sand and they are not weighed down a ton. If its that type of sand where you fall in a foot with every step, forget about it.. it will plow it like a snow plow.
BBK
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:51 pm

Grouse wrote:Can you drag that over sand/acorns??? like 1.5 miles worth????

certainly could, I drug it over a sandy river bottom land mud last weekend loaded down with 2 guns, 2 blind bags, 3doz floaters, 1doz dakota FB mallards and stands. I wouldnt have wanted to drag it too far on wet and muddy sand or on wet ground but acrons and dry sand would be fine I'd think. The sled works best in water and on frozen ground. but over other surfaces it still works O.K. only thing I wont drag it on it gravel and through a muddy field.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Return to Duck Decoy Forum