Duck/geese decoys

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, fowlhunter, Remman, DUKHTR

Duck/geese decoys

Postby Golf7826 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:41 pm

New to this whole thing can you use both decoys together?
Golf7826
hunter

Re: Duck/geese decoys

Postby MassDecoyCarver » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:19 am

yes,...of course.
MassDecoyCarver
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:23 am

Yes and no....... often depends on your area, water or field and species hunted. For instance in my area Canada geese generally will not land very near ducks in the field but the ducks will land with the geese. So if you are primarily hunting canadas and add ducks to your spread the geese may flair or set down out of range. It's one of those things that you learn the exceptions by trial and error.
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:29 am

dakotashooter2 wrote:Yes and no....... often depends on your area, water or field and species hunted. For instance in my area Canada geese generally will not land very near ducks in the field but the ducks will land with the geese. So if you are primarily hunting canadas and add ducks to your spread the geese may flair or set down out of range. It's one of those things that you learn the exceptions by trial and error.

And in my area, it would depend as well. The ponds I hunt at a public refuge usually have a group of geese either with a small group of teal or away from the main group of ducks sitting on the pond. On a side note, the swan in my area won't mingle with geese, but with ducks they will. Knowing this kind of helps when setting out the decoys. The best thing to do is keep on scouting your areas and copy what you see sitting out on the water.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum