Close to Finishing the Foamer Spread

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

Close to Finishing the Foamer Spread

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:26 pm

As you all know I have been keeping busy working on a large foamer spread. I have enough completed to hunt local birds and have been working steadily for a few hunts I have planned east of the mountains and up north on the salt. Here are some update pictures. Most of the decoys need a few finishing touches and many will be having the eyes mounted over the weekend between hunts.

IMG_0394.JPG

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0412.JPG

IMG_0417.JPG

This is just a small smattering of the spread that is either completed or very close to completed. I am working through the fine feathering detail on 3 dozen puddler hens and hope to have that and the head ticking done by the end of next week. Then it is on to casting scoters, and finishing up the painting on the Harlequin hens, Redhead hens, and Old Squaw hens which are all base painted right now. Fortunately Scoters are easy to paint so the next 50 deeks will move from casting to finished decoy quickly.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum