which robotic decoy?

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

which robotic decoy would you sugest?

Mojo
57%
Baby Mojo
19%
Super Lucky Duck
24%

Total votes : 21

which robotic decoy?

Postby billybass23 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:52 pm

just wondering what type of spinner you guys suggested. Is one notably better than onother? is one louder than another, and therefor flareing ducks sooner? heard the lucky duck was far better for the amount of noise than the mojo. any advice on choosing a decoy would be helpful.

also do you find a remote to be nessasary to sucess? is it worth the $50?
billybass23
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:05 pm

I have a lucky duck they work good :thumbsup:
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby HatterWayne » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:18 pm

Mojo with remote.

:-)
HatterWayne
Pro Hunter

Postby texan68 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:36 pm

none of the ones you posted........if any I would have to go with the Air Lucky powered by mothernature.....I'm sorry guys but batteries in my opinion aren't to be used in duckhunting. I wish they would ban those things nation wide.
texan68
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:09 pm

Heck I want a remote control one I can just let swim out and greet the ducks :mrgreen:
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby billybass23 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:11 pm

come on guys I need some help here. I know there are more than nine of you out there that use robo decoys. answer the poll!
billybass23
hunter

Postby buster_22 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:40 pm

I use the lucky duck it works great for what i need it for. A couple of hunts this season, I had birds land almost on top of my lucky duck. If that does get your attetion I don't know what will. Good luck with the pole.............SEE YEAH :thumbsup:
Never stand down wind of Buster "the spitter" 22 when he is calling on his SMM ! :laughing:

courtesy of Admin2 :thumbsup:
buster_22
Pro Hunter

Postby texas_quackwakker » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:22 pm

I have 2 baby mojos but am planning on buying a floating mojo whatever they call that thing. I like the fact it is on the water. If you look at ducks...particularly mallard, they sit on the water and periodically do that little wing flap thingamajig.

It has a function that operates on and off and they look great on the water.

By the way...if you are opposed to motor decoys that is fine and we all respect your opinion. But as for now they are not outlawed and they help me kill more duck. So until they get outlawed.....go mojo.
texas_quackwakker
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:25 pm

Actually I have both a lucky duck and a robo duck. The robo is like the lucky duck, but on steroids. The robo's wings spin way faster, its like a little fan if you get too close to it. I like my lucky because I think they wings spin easier with a high wind.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby tstrong » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:27 pm

It won't matter which one you get. I hunted with buddy's that had them and since I lived so far I always stay until shoot time is over. As soon as they would pack up the ducks would too. I'm going to get one of each kind for next season; bottom feeder, mojo, and quiver. The guys have socks and rubber bands to tighten up the rattles. If anyone knows of a sale send it my way!
tstrong
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:53 am

I have 5 moving dekes....and NO I don't use them all at the same time. Can't carry them all... :toofunny:
I have 2 Mallard Drake Flambeau skyscrapers, 1 hen Lucky duck, 1 Mallard Drake Flapp'n Duck with a remote that swims in a circle and flaps wings (pretty neat looking deke) and 1 remote operated Mallard Drake that I made from a Flambeau deke and a kids cheapy remote control truck.......it works great and was cheap, it was also my first one. You can go to "Gear "section of this site and see the topic "homemade items", or something like that and read how I made it and out of what. Kinda cool deke to make. :salude:
huntmq1
hunter

Postby duckboy_390 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:16 am

I have a super lucky duck, a buddy of mine has a mojo and once he saw lucky in action he went and got one himself. The mojo is a big ugly wobblin' and not to mention noisy piece of chit. Super Lucky is so much smoother.

Have no expeience with the robos.
Cut that Sucka'-Phil R.
duckboy_390
hunter

Postby duckbum13 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:27 am

like said before i dont think it matters what one you get but personally i have a mojo and a baby mojo last year i had a teal comming in and it was flying really low so i didnt want to shoot any of my dekes so we waited till it got out of the deked but it was about to land and smack straight into the mojo adn tipped it over lol but we still got the duck.... they really do try to land right on top of them i guess
might as well start callin me the pit man
duckbum13
hunter

Postby Quackcephus » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:56 pm

Mojo... hands down. :yes:
Quackcephus
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum