Hard Core Wood Ducks

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, fowlhunter, Remman, DUKHTR

Hard Core Wood Ducks

Postby Bunker » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:00 pm

Has anybody bought and used the "Hard Core" wood duck decoys? Looking for actual user reviews not promotional mumbo jumbo. How they hold up, paint etc. I currently have a mix of GHG but I'm looking for more Hens and the Hard Core come with three of each versus the standard 4 & 2 in favor of Drakes like the other manufacturers. I wish there was an early season Wood Duck pack of all Hens like I've seen with teal.

Sent from my pocket pop-tart type thingy via Tapatalk
Bunker
hunter

Re: Hard Core Wood Ducks

Postby Fleety318 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:09 am

I bought a dozen Hard Core mallard decoys a few weeks ago and so far so good. The paint is good and I think they will hold up well.
Fleety318
hunter

Postby Bunker » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:55 pm

Fleety318 wrote:I bought a dozen Hard Core mallard decoys a few weeks ago and so far so good. The paint is good and I think they will hold up well.

What is the drake to hen ratio for the mallards?

Bunker
hunter

Postby Fleety318 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:41 am

It was a special from Cabelas that had 6 Drakes 6 Hens with 12 premade Texas Rigs.
Fleety318
hunter

Postby Bunker » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:15 pm

Sweet Thanks for the info

Bunker
hunter

Postby Mike657 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:28 am

We have the GHG pro grade wood ducks and, they are very good. They are durable,strong,and very good looking. You might like these a bit better but, there may be a price difference. They are worth the money though.
Good Luck in the field-Mike.
Mike657
hunter

Postby Bunker » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:58 am

Mike657 wrote:We have the GHG pro grade wood ducks and, they are very good. They are durable,strong,and very good looking. You might like these a bit better but, there may be a price difference. They are worth the money though.

Thanks for the input. You are right they are very good, so good I own a dozen already and love em'! What I don't love is number of hens that come in their 6 pack. I have 12 decoys but only 4 hens and that is what I want more of is the hens. The hardcore sixer comes with 3 & 3 which is why I was inquiring about durability and look. I'm sure they don't match the pro grades in look because the pro grades look awesome but a little variance in look and hen count especially in an earlier season spread seems more realistic to me and I hope to the ducks too!

Bunker
hunter

Postby Mike657 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:49 am

Yea you are right where i live during early october all i see is hen woodies. GHG would probably make alot of money making an early season pack like you said.
Good Luck in the field-Mike.
Mike657
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum