GHG ringnecks !

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

GHG ringnecks !

Postby big ben » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:43 pm

:getdown: :mrgreen: These dekes are the most real diver dekes i've ever seen ! And they are only 23.99 for six. They are exact replicas of wood carving ringneck dekes. I love em :getdown:
big ben
hunter

Postby plainsman » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:48 am

No doubt, GHG is making some real fine dekes!!!!!!
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:11 am

I've got their pintails and they are the most realistic pintail dekes I've ever seen. The shoveler and gadwall dekes look awesome as well. I've heard a lot of guys say that they have had better success after throwing a few shovelers in their spread because of their increased visability. I think I'm gonna pick up a few.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby big ben » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:25 am

Before season starts i'm going to add 4 more dozen to the spread.
big ben
hunter

Postby donell67 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:20 pm

please dont buy ghg. sure they look good now. after a few trips theres little or no paint on them. plus other problems with them.you get what you pay for. buy G&H and only buy 2 dozen. you wont regret buying g&h.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby big ben » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:50 pm

I used ghg decoys all year this season, and not a chip is off of the dekes i bought 2 dozen ghg hot buy mallards, and 2 dozen oversize ghg mallard dekes. i abused them terribly, and i hunted hard every day of the season. ( 58 days ). Maybe i just got lucky or you got bad luck. I guess we'll now after i use them. I really don't mind painting decoys, acctually i enjoy painting dekes, it gives me more pride when i kill a duck over my hand painted dekes. If you have ghg decoys post up how they are working.
big ben
hunter

Postby donell67 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:05 pm

if you like painting dekes no problem then. others have had problems getting the keels on. i do not own any thank goodness, but i have read numerous complaints about them. paint loss,keels not going and coming off easy, cracking and horrid customer service. they dont back there product. ive read they actually taunting there customers for bitching about the crappy dekes. i hope your dekes turn out to be good ones. what brand of swans you gonna get anyway.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby big ben » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:34 pm

I had to call thier customer service for some extra snap keels ( which i don't like ) I just wanted to order some, incase i ever lose one or two. But i glued them, on and will never take them out they are realy in thear good, i can bench 300 and i can't pull them off. But i just told them i lost them, and they were nice about it and sent them for free. I'm going to get carry lite tundra swans. Another idiea incase you can't afford swan decoys, get a couple of snow goose shells, get ones with the holes in the head inserts so once you've got the head together, you can tie a string through that hole, and connect it to a weighted duck decoy, with a weight on it, and add another duck decoy, and just put the duck decoys under the snow goose shell, and you have an inexpensive floater, and you can't loose the shell cause it's tied to the duck decoys. Just an idiea, but it will save money and although it's smaller than aswan decoy but you could get more than just two swans for 70.00. Just trying to help.
big ben
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:56 pm

I had six delivered to the house, and YES they are very real looking. My wife wanted to put a drake and hen up on a shelf....! Said sorry they have a mission to go on.
:salude:
huntmq1
hunter

Re: GHG ringnecks !

Postby shrpshtr » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:58 pm

big ben wrote::getdown: :mrgreen: These dekes are the most real diver dekes i've ever seen ! And they are only 23.99 for six. They are exact replicas of wood carving ringneck dekes. I love em :getdown:

where did you see them for this price?
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:15 pm

I got six off Ebay, new still in sealed box. Payed $17 plus $8 to ship them.
:salude:
huntmq1
hunter

Postby Rowdy » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:36 pm

donell67 wrote:please dont buy ghg. sure they look good now. after a few trips theres little or no paint on them. plus other problems with them.you get what you pay for. buy G&H and only buy 2 dozen. you wont regret buying g&h.

*edit*
"i do not own any thank goodness, but i have read numerous complaints about them."

that is a pretty bold statement.. seeing how you have had no personal experience with any of the problems you stated

i myself have a couple doz or atleast a doz of every decoy they make except their full bodys and have had no paint issues what so ever..
Rowdy
hunter

Postby donell67 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:07 pm

i dont want any personal experience with them. just telling people what ive read. ive seen pics too. a pic of a ghg decoy not even a season old with no paint left next to a 15 year old G&H deke with no paint loss.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Rowdy » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:59 pm

i just think for future reference you should let people know that is is just something you read or heard about before makeing such statements.

most of the things i hear about these decoys is from people that read or heard about some issues. i've seen pictures of jackalopes before :cool: . yes ghg did have some issues with paint in the earlier production but that has been resolved..
Rowdy
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:05 pm

My GHG dekes have performed well. I can't speak for the next guy or what his GHG's are doing in his bag, but mine have held up well. They do have some scuffs I admit, but as for paint loss, none. If you jammed me in a bag with 36 other people, I'd probably have some scuffs too.
:laughing:
huntmq1
hunter

Postby had » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:25 pm

if you like painting dekes no problem then. others have had problems getting the keels on. i do not own any thank goodness, but i have read numerous complaints about them. paint loss,keels not going and coming off easy, cracking

i have had personal experiance that matches with donell's statements. they are inexpensive decoys and you get what you pay for.

My GHG dekes have performed well. I can't speak for the next guy or what his GHG's are doing in his bag, but mine have held up well.

i belive that people have good success with them. i personallty will not buy anymore.
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Postby Rowdy » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:02 pm

now that is a good honest post :salude:
Rowdy
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:52 pm

I don't own any GHG decoys but I can make a comment on Flambeau decoys which I do have and have had problems with the paint not staying on goose floaters and shells also on their mallard floaters up untill the new ones that came out last year. Those decoys look good and the hen mallards could pass for a Black Duck more so than a hen mallard. I also have some Carry Lite decoys which after 4 years of hunting still look half decent.

Keep the sport alive take a kid hunting/fishing.
Greg Wile
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum