What are thes best decoys to buy?

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, fowlhunter, Remman, DUKHTR

What are thes best decoys to buy?

Postby Live to Hunt & Fish » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:05 pm

I want to buy a dozen to two dozen floating canada goose decoys for next season. Does anyone have any decoys that they like or recomend that are durable?
Live to Hunt & Fish
hunter

Good Decoys

Postby ks_waterfowler » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:25 am

Here in Kansas, we use g&h decoys for both duck and goose hunting. Their duck decoys and goose decoys are second to none.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:53 am

I'll disgree with KSW about that. I am a G&H fan--but their floater Goose decoy heads break off. Big Foot floaters are the best mass produced Goose decoy out there IMHO.

BTW did you ever check out the sister site of goosehuntingchat.com?
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Mallyard » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:17 pm

I'd either go with bigfoots or you might want to look into the Green Head Gear goose floaters. This year they come from the factory with flocked heads, and the realism is AMAZING. Look on the web site link that i'll give you. And look at there goose floaters. There is 1 ot 2 live geese in with the decoys. I didn't even notice until about the 5th time I looked at the picture... :shock: ...... Well hope this info helps. :thumbsup:

PS: Here's the link: www.greenheadgear.com

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 4CurlRedleg » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:35 pm

Foots, bar none. G&H have durability issues(heads breaking mainly) and Greenhead Gear have paint problems. I've tried them all and the foots are the most durable under exreme use!! :cool:
4CurlRedleg
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:00 pm

On the GHG decoys. The past 2 or 3 years the paint has been a major issue. But last year they fixed it all up. And the 2004 models are even better than th `03's. I know I'm going to get my hands on a few of `em this fall.
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Jeepman:-) » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:51 pm

I get the flambeau s and then flock them. They look 5x better than any other moderately priced deke. The flock has stayed on for going on their 3rd season now with out a touch up. Or just get the Drop Zones @ $1500 a doz. LOL
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of HIGH EXPLOSIVES!
Jeepman:-)
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum