made this a week ago, well the orignal was a jerk string idea i put together 3 years ago but decided to modify.
i had been having a lot of no wind mornings and the decoys lay still and the birds dont respond. so i was in the garage and thinking bout getting a quiver magnet when i was digging through some escrap buckets i have looking for a small electric motor to make my own quiver motor. i couldnt find what i was looking for but said to myself a computer fan would be perfect for what i need. i tried some things as a propulsion motor with it but settled on this. i cut down a penny (or you can use a washer) and glued it into a slot in the cage to offset the balance. then wired it up to a switch with a 9 volt.
i then cut the bottom of the decoy like a flap half way through, and folded a piece of foam and cut to fit interior contour of the shell.
i drilled a hole in the tail end of the decoy and put the switch in and the motor/battery sit in between the foam. the feet/legs i had made of silicone gasket material and i modified them by gluing tooth pics to make them stiffer and add floatation.
i took a big chunk of lead and drilled a hole in the bill to weight it nose down in the water. it looks ok but i need to work on it more it floats but to one side. i think it needs a lower center of gravity. the theory and idea is there just needs some tuning. i just saw the other post of the motion duck which is the idea that i was going for when i went to make this post. same idea different method. but the quiver motor idea was my main thing and i am going to make more of these motors and try in a floater.