Bond decoys

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

Bond decoys

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:52 pm

anyone ever heard of these fellas? I just saw some advertised for under $100 fora six pack of flying mallards. The deoys are on springs and a pole, so they may be "given life" by the wind. Any experiences with these or something like it?
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby donell67 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:11 pm

ive seen bond decoys. :thumbsdown:
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:57 pm

what specifically is so " :thumbsdown: " about them?
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby donell67 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:03 pm

they didnt look good. and didnt pass the fingernail test.paint flaking off them in the store.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:15 pm

that does suck. they did look kinda shiny too. How about the idea of the decoys on a spring so they may wobble freely with the wind?
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:12 am

Trois....I have some full body Canadas made by CXaryLite that have outstretched wings...they use a spring to mount on a pole (like a broomstick) and they are very effective at times....when it's getting tough to get the final comittment after being shot at......I got them years ago and they are still offered by Cabelas or Macks....alot more expensive than I paid of course....I do not know the Bond decoys you are speaking of, so cannot comment directly....just adding input on the wingers in geberal

my friend has a few mallard winged full bodies we sometimes use on open water (same set-up on the spring)....they tend to be a pain where we hunt because of the tidal issues, but they seem to be effective when we do use them....they certainly have not spooked or flared incomers

bottom-line IMO....they are good to have, not to use every time out, a great supplement to a good realistic set
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby huntmq1 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:57 pm

I just bought a mix of BOND and REMINGTON dekes, 25 of 'em. Half were still in the original shipping bags and box. I got them from a guy on Ebay, I paid $36 for them. They look pretty good and the paint seems ok. I tried to scratch it off, it stayed put..?? Maybe I got some good ones...who knows. The only thing that I really noticed was that they look a bit smaller than other dekes I have, GHG or Flambeau. The flying dekes you are speaking of, I have two of them with the springs on them. Mine are made by REMINGTON and look great. Ebay also, $18 a piece. I plan to set them up a few yards behind my roto wings. I think it will give to the whole effect of birds gliding in to the birds landing and birds already on the water. Will it work....we'll see.
:salude:
huntmq1
hunter

Postby STR8POWDER » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:50 pm

I agree with donell I bought about a dozen of them a couple years ago and there aint much paint left on them this year
STR8POWDER
hunter

Postby SwampHunter » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:37 pm

The club next to us has some and they have lasted them for a pretty good while. They kill birds over them and use them in conjuntion with spinners.
If it's something you think you might want to try I would say try it and see. Best way to learn about a product is from your own experience and not someone else's. :thumbsup:
SwampHunter
Membership permanently suspended

Return to Duck Decoy Forum