Quacker Smacker how to?

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, fowlhunter, Remman, DUKHTR

Quacker Smacker how to?

Postby Quackers » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:32 am

Does anybody own or have access too a quacker smacker set up? Missouri is getting close to outlawing spinning wings and I'd like to build one of these units the web site is www.gamecallerproducts.com
Quackers
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:58 pm

that's a $300 OUCH.....no way!......jerk cord will cost a few pennies and be as, or more, effective!
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:05 pm

I've seen the Mallard MAchine do the same thing, plus I think it makes the decoys connected to it look like they are feeding occasionally.....and for considerablyless money! [url]
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby Quackers » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:12 pm

Couldn't agree more, 300 is toooo much. Was asking if any body's seen the guts on one of these units so I can build myself one for consderably less im sure!! I've already built 3 mallard machines and look for somthing to tinker with during the off season
Quackers
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:46 pm

Don't tell me that............Missouri is going to outlaw the wing dekes? I really don't see the issue with them. Movement is movement wether it be buy battery, wind or a string! States that "outlaw" spinning wings, do they include the ones driven by wind? What about the ones that flap the wings? I have a Flapp'n wing duck that swims.
:salude:
huntmq1
hunter

Postby Quackers » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:02 am

The outlaw will be on any spinning wing battery or wind powered. Based on how Ark. worded their new law starting in 2005 My guess is Mo. will follow suit within 1 to 2 years.
Quackers
hunter

Comment

Postby Poke Boater » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:48 am

:eek: :thumbsdown: The anti-hunters :withstupid: are mostly to blame as usual.
#1 If a falling duck's head is "held up" shoot again.
#2 If a downed duck lays still on the water with it's head "held down" straight out and you detect ANY movement across the current or not with the wind shoot again.
Ouabache!
Poke Boater
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum