"antique" Decoys

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, fowlhunter, Remman, DUKHTR

"antique" Decoys

Postby hillbilly.. » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:47 pm

I went to an antique store today and they had some "antique" decoys there does anybody know if these are athing special or just something somebody made in there garage.

hillbilly..
hunter

Re: "antique" Decoys

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:50 am

The second looks like a mason factory bird....possibly the first too. Many fine decoys are made in garages BTW. :yes:
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:07 am

Have Gun Will Travel wrote:The second looks like a mason factory bird....possibly the first too. Many fine decoys are made in garages BTW. :yes:

Yea i kinda worded that wrong...so what do you think there worth if anything.to me all the older stuff looks alike.
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:38 pm

Prices can vary greatly depending on the species and market. Never been a fan of the mason's so Ive never really followed them. Sorry.
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum