Duck Hunting Forum banner

decoy help

999 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Rooterduck 
#1 ·
so im really new to duckhunting and i just bought the greenhead gear hot buy now how do i rig them websites or pics will help alot thanks

#2 ·
Tie a string to the keel for the depth of the water that you hunt then tie a weight to the other side. Wrap the string around the keel when not in use and bend the weight around the keel to secure it. I know that it is hard on the hot buys with such a small keel, but it can be done, I have done this to my 2 dozen and they rarely pop off. :thumbsup:

#4 ·
If those dekes have the snap-lok keels, do yourself a favor and run a self taping screw through the keel and a portion of the deke with some silicon. The first ones' I bought, I threw half the weights and the keels off the dekes an into the water when throwing out my spread due to them shrinking in the cold weather. It took me half a season to do something about it.

#5 ·
Howdy Y'all...
About the keels falling off, try some " outdoor GOO" in the slot before placing the keels on the dekes. My first tries with the GHG decoys, I lost a couple keels, before I came to my senses. A little glue in the slot before mounting will do wonders. Buyers beware.
Good Luck, and Good Huntin'... Rooterduck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.