Adding diversity which decoy brands to get?

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

Adding diversity which decoy brands to get?

Postby henny hen hen » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:15 am

I am looking to pick up 6 black ducks, 12 shovelers, 24 gwt, 6 gadwall, 6 pintail, and 6 wigeon. Who makes the most durable of each paint wise and plastic wise? Also the most realistic? All info will be much appreciated?
henny hen hen
hunter

Re: Adding diversity which decoy brands to get?

Postby jscheirer » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:21 pm

We have tanglefree pro series shovelers and they look great, all of them a skimmer profile. I bought 2 black ducks used from a guy and they are Flambeau storm front, they seem like a durable decoy and looks good in the water. I really like the keels on all storm front floaters. I have seen storm front teal and they look really good as well with a few different poses.

I can go on but basically the brands I like are Tanglefree (pro series dekes), GHG, and storm fronts. I prefer to not pay alot of money on decoys myself. Alot of people say storm fronts paint is not great but in my experience I haven't noticed any problems. I would go with whatever decoys have multiple head positions as well for more realism. Good luck.
jscheirer
hunter

Re: Adding diversity which decoy brands to get?

Postby Greenhead_Wrecker » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:11 pm

Avian x makes some black ducks. And rumor has it that they will be releasing some teal and pintail decoys this summer. As for the widgeon and gadwall I would say go with the GHG pro grade's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greenhead_Wrecker
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum