Motion decoys?

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, fowlhunter, Remman, DUKHTR

Motion decoys?

Postby henny hen hen » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:20 pm

I would like to add some motion decoys to my spread next Season. Mojos almost always have a negative effect in my area. Mainly interested in swimmers mallard machines splashers and pulsator types. Any info will be much appreciated.
henny hen hen
hunter

Re: Motion decoys?

Postby henny hen hen » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:29 pm

I am also interested in ureaduck decoys the type with the wings that go on the 1/4" rod and flap in the wind. I think they look great in the videos but i would like some reviews before making the investment.
henny hen hen
hunter

Postby Bryce_Decker » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:26 am

In my opinion kite or pole mounted anything with wings is a bad choice. Spinning or not. So far the best thing I've found in the AR timber are the wonderduck cyclones...I love them and I usually hate anything that takes batteries.
Bryce_Decker
hunter

Postby mudpack » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:14 pm

I've used torpedo-powered decoys, those weasel-balls, and the Quiver Magnets. In my opinion, anything powered by batteries is way more trouble than they're worth, even though they do help when they're working.
mudpack
hunter

Postby BKScripto » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:30 pm

If you want Pulsators, grab them from Rogers. They're on sale for $125 right now. I nabbed 2.

I was going to buy the Higdon swimmer too but they're out of stock. I ordered a swimmer from The Real Decoy company out of Tennessee. It takes D batteries, which sucks. But if I like it after I test, I'll get rechargeable batteries.
BKScripto
hunter

Postby henny hen hen » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:56 pm

The ureaducks are wind powered with flapping wings not spinning wings they look great on the video. U can adjust the wings so they look cupped or u can make them look like they are circling the rod makes them bounce up and down in the wind. Anyone have experience with them?
henny hen hen
hunter

Postby quackattack77 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:55 am

I made this pull string feeder/jerk cord recently, makes a lot of motion for those calm days, hope it helps!! Made out of an old crutch kite string split ring and an old decoy ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
quackattack77
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum