how good are the MOJO mallards

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DUKHTR, fowlhunter, Remman

how good are the MOJO mallards

Postby MallardKiller » Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:30 pm

Hey i am 16 years old and love to duck hunt but i would like some opinions on the mojo mallard and how well it works
MallardKiller
hunter

Postby NS39340 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:50 pm

best attractor decoy and spinning wing decoy on the market......if you live in arkansas dont bother gettin one.....they work great
NS39340
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:06 pm

Mallardkiller...its great ta see the younger generation pick up duck hunting, its alot of hard ya know...that being said...There is ALOT of contraversy over the mojo. Some older guys (like myself) believe that mojo's are a bad thing, as they lure alot of young birds in, making it too easy to kill birds. Arkansas has banned the use of mojos, as the data backs up that reasoning. Now...im not going to flame somebody for using one...if its legal, more power to em. Mojos will, and do, bring birds down from the stratosphere..ive seen it...Ive also seen older and wiser birds bust em at the last minute, only ta find my small spread and get shot. Utah is not really known as a duck hunters paradise...I dont think that you having a mojo is going to alter the flyway...I would recommend that you research the data concerning the use of electronics, and decide for yourself. I would also recommend that you keep in mind the results, and, what that means for MY grandchildren, and, YOURS...Y'all have a nice day! :cool:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Hey

Postby MallardKiller » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:56 pm

Hey guys thanks for all your tips there apreciated
MallardKiller
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:34 pm

No worries mate....I lived in Las Vegas when I was a kid...Enjoyed the heck out of Utah...Excellent trout fishing. Used ta slaughter doves outside of Enterprise...Could usaully manage a couple roosters and some teal as well as a couple mallards out of the farm ponds...Good looking women too...Y'all have a nice day! :thumbsup:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby cmelik10 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:16 am

I am also new to the sport of duck hunting, only doing now for two years. I personally do not like mojos. I would rather personally be a better caller and have better decoy setups, and scout alot harder. I do not however look down upon people who do, I just feel that with the use of these "gimics" that it has made people stop being students of their sport.

Scott
cmelik10
hunter

Postby Bigmal » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:17 pm

They work great, but I do not like them. They have taken the sport out of calling them in.
Bigmal
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:04 am

They ALL work great, some of my worst days were from me NOT having one and the other guy HAVING one. I heard my state, Missouri, is following Arkansas lead and drafting a law to ban them. Figures, I just baught three to be used for different occasions and setups.
:salude:
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Yes- Yes-

Postby CuzTheyFly » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:03 pm

In an effort to help you live up to your Chat name- MallardKiller- Send me a PM with your info and I will send you a free WINDUK. Wind driven decoy in Mallard (of course) The MOJOs get a bit pricy but work very well too.. We use both MOJO's and WINDUK's in Texas, Cuz we like to kill Ducks & Doves! At 16 yrs old, you have pleanty of time to start collecting duck gear! Have fun out there and take some pictures once in awhile!

Image[/img]

The Deadly Double in action North Texas!

Image[/img]
===========> <=============
XXXX XXXX
CuzTheyFly
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:19 am

To clarify things.

Too often people are using brand names when referring to the generic decoy. "MOJO" is a brand name of a motorized spinning wing decoy. Top of its line from some reports that I has read, I have not used it myself though.
"spinners" or "Spinning wing decoys" is the slang generic name for this class of decoys. Actually there is some real fancy Nancy generic name that the industry uses--some thing like "automated wing movement decoy" or similar.

My piont being---one needs to differientiate what you (everybody here at DHC) are referred to, meaning to Spinners or the the actual brand name of Mojo.

Carry on. :thumbsup:

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Noteable point

Postby CuzTheyFly » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:29 pm

MOJO Decoys are made by a company called Huntwise from Louisiana, They are the industry leader with a product line that is 7 years old. They mostly sell Battery spinners, WINDUK is a Illionis Company that sells no Battery driven decoys. WIND only. But the industry term you mentioned, I have never heard of. Nothing at the Shot show or with the good folks working to assemble all these gadgets. I know the Roto Duck, & Lucky Duck decoys are pure junk, having used them years ago..
XXXX XXXX
CuzTheyFly
hunter

Postby Quackcephus » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:01 pm

CuzTheyFly... that is very generous of you. ROCK ON!!! :thumbsup:
Quackcephus
hunter

Postby imaduckaholic » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:10 pm

i got a lucky duck 2wind ones and i love them and i have a mojo baby but it broke the wing broke right off it and i just done like there wings there really easy to break yall think i should get a susie spinner
i really want different speices spinners not just mallards
imaduckaholic
hunter

Postby duck hunter cam » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:24 pm

They work great man, i got 2 of them myslef. :thumbsup:
It's only sky busting if u miss.
duck hunter cam
hunter

Postby imaduckaholic » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:27 pm

yall think its ok to put the wind spinners out when theres no wind with the regular spinners
imaduckaholic
hunter

Motion Decoys

Postby CuzTheyFly » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:23 pm

Mallard Killer got his WINDUK and cap. For a smaller decoy company, Winduk has a great duck hunting logo cap.
As to the spinners out in the decoys with no wind.... Could be ok for fresh un fired upon ducks.
But the birds we get in Texas have shot at all the way down the flyway... So I would leave not leave a WINDUK out in the decoys, that was not moving...

Same thing with the BATT MOJO's. We did leave a MOJO Mallard out on a couple of occasions with just one wing going...The other wing came off and feel into the water. It still pulled working Ducks with only one wing...

If you are a younger Duck hunter, focus on learning to pull those ducks with your duck calls. I am not a great caller, but my brother is pretty good. We get to hunt with a few professional Duck hunters each year. The one thing that impresses me most about them, is thier calling skills. They pull those ducks down into the decoys so fast and close, it is awesome. Learn to make the call sound like a real duck, not champion duck caller at a contest.

When we get to hunt Geese with our buddies that guide for some larger outfitters in N. Texas. The combined Goose Guides calling together really make a difference. My Brother likes to tell them on occasion, "put the paralyzer on them" which seems to be a higher more rapid pitch. It is a much harder sound to make with a goose flute type call. But these guys are very experienced callers. So the paralyzer call wears them out. Then you see thier faces turn red like a prom queen. They are out of breath but ready to get the cripples. And the gun barrels are smoken while gun dogs go stroken. (fetch)...................
XXXX XXXX
CuzTheyFly
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum