Duck Hunting Forum banner

ideas on motion decoys,

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Honker Guide 
#1 ·
hi guys where i hunt motorized decoys arnt allowed, but i can use other types. Been looking at the air lucky ducks and air powered spinning wings, the whole plastic landing mallards, quiver ducks etc! any practical experience?? the expedite duck magnet decoy looked pretty good. just a head stacked above the water with fabric back and wings that flap and move like a wind sock? im hunting over water and need to get some more attraction going on :help: . hunting over three doz decoys primarily for wigeon, pintail,teal. some mallards,gadwalls and geese shot

#2 ·
england?what to you hunt with a paint ball gun?all kidding aside i started using spinning wings last year but my buddy has the quiver type and it has worked great!if they let you use a boat water pump like a 750gph hooked up to a feeding decoy with a piece of pvc elbow pipe glued to out put side, and mounted to keel wired to a auto flasher 12 v battery it will bob like a real feeder works great.is hunting available to average citizen's in uk?are there road blocks to owning a shotgun?curious that's all duckgun,

#3 ·
I posted this on the other forem, but here is what we use. It is a pull string spinning wing and it is called a Flutterwing and you learn to read the ducks so you can vary the speed and timing of the wings. Extremely effective in our area. You can check them out at www.aerooutdoors.com .Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.