Duck Hunting Forum banner

Decoys for my Dad?

851 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Ducksbeus 
#1 ·
Im going to get some duck deks for my Dad's B-day. You guys have any suggestions? Pictures would be awesome. Thanks for your help.

#4 ·
How muck ya lookin' ta spend... Field or water?

Hardcore dekes are nice and expensive...GHG's are nice and cheap. Inflatables or silos would be something different. I like them wobbling feild dekes too. Mallards are cool, but, coots, buffleheads and pintails seem ta be attention getters. Maybe go for a nice handcarved deke for the mantle. Maybe some speckelbellies or snows :thumbsup:

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

#6 ·
Depending on the locality, and size of the pond, a dozen might be perfect. In fact the hot buy decoys from greenhead gear are about $25/dozen. Paint is great, and with the extra money you might buy some Ace Anchors ($15) for them. Every deke I own has them.

P.S. If you're ol'man is anything like mine, you could give him a pair of socks and he'd be happy.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...e+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=hot+buy+decoys&noImage=0

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.