Duck Hunting Forum banner

Mojo Help!

832 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  21ducks 
#1 ·
I'm getting ready to buy a baby mojo, but need to know how to make the water ripple with it. I've heard you can put the mojo on the stake with the wings barely flicking the water, and it will add ripples on the water to give your other dekes more action. Is this true and does it work? Wouldn't it just make the water fly all over instead of making it ripple? Or is the mojo strong enough to cause waves as long as it's not in the water too deep?

#2 ·
If I were you, I wouldn't let my mojo wings touch the water. I think that the mojo alone will do the job. I have actually seen guys get long conduit poles and put the mojo 1 foot above the tamaracks and be extremely successful. If you really need water movement go another route instead. I think for water movement, I would just get a jerk string instead. You then have total control, and you are not using the mojo in a way that may damage it. I have had my mojo go down in the water :rofl: I am laughing now, but at the time I was flipping out worried.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.