flying duck decoys

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

flying duck decoys

Postby damnit_deke » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:29 am

do they really help ur spread and how do they work :help:
if it has a heartbeat i can kill it
damnit_deke
hunter

the flying duck decoy

Postby damnit_deke » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:56 pm

how well do they really work r they worth buying ive looked them up my computer but not sure if there worth my time i love to hunt ducks but still have alot to learn give any info u have please
if it has a heartbeat i can kill it
damnit_deke
hunter

Postby Rowdy » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:26 am

oh flying decoy

do you mean the outstretched wing decoys, or spinning wing decoys?
Rowdy
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:16 pm

I have heard that the flying (fixed wing) decoys work quite well and am buying two of them next week. I'm starting to get a bit leery on putting out money for the battery operated spinning wing decoys with so many places deeming them illegal.

Keep taking those shooting lessons, I think they're working cause your starting to get some tail feathers.
Greg Wile
hunter

Yes they do

Postby TXwaterfowler » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:51 am

I have 3 of the wing flaping decoys anlong with the swimming ones and the are Excellent on those calm windless days of course they work good on windy days 2.
TXwaterfowler
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:38 pm

Damnit Deke - i corrected your typo in the thread title. normally i wouldn't be so anal as to correct spelling..lord knows my typing skills are amature at best. but i figured since it was a thread topic title you might get more input with the "corrected" version...though the topic of flogging duck decoys could be an interesting one. lol.

oh, i do not use the fixed wing flying decoy. i have hunted over many of the spinning wing variety, but none of the sationary type.

-Ed
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:12 pm

We used " balloons" for slayin snows...We had 3 strung togather on about a 10"pole, in the middle of 800 decoys. The geese sure didnt mind em...The wind was blowin about 20 mph... Never tried em on ducks. The ones Ive seen , ya may want to cut down the glare...Y'all have a nice day! :cool:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:31 pm

Just bought 2 new Carry lite flying duck decoys and 2 duck butt decoys for 66.17$ total Canadian where as had I bought them from Cabelas they would have been $57.99 for 2 flying ducks + $12.99 for 2 duck butts pluss exchange, shipping & handling+ taxes+ coustoms/duty.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:03 am

Just to let you guys know the fixed wing flying dek's do work I set them up in my back yard yesterday to see what they looked like in the wind and had two black ducks circling and attempting to land.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:07 am

I purchased two mallard drake decoys, flying pose off ebay. Paid around $20 for both, new. Remington brand. Cabellas sells them for $60.?? The only thing I had a problem with was the silver metal springs used for attaching the poles. Painted mine a tan color to kinda blend with the belly. They look pretty good. I also bought one from Cabella's, the one that looks like he's landing, has cupped wings and spread webbed feet- gear down look. Can't wait to try them out.
:salude:
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum