Canada Goose Decoy by "WOODEN WILDLIFE - KENNEBUNK MAIN

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

Canada Goose Decoy by "WOODEN WILDLIFE - KENNEBUNK MAIN

Postby soldiershonor » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:12 pm

:welcome: Hi! My name is Ron. I'm glad to be a part of this FORUM. I need some help on Identifying a Decoy I just bought. It is a CANADA GOOSE. It is large, and about 12" long and 12" high with the standard colors of white, beige, black, and greyish/mauve feathers. Solid Body made of pine. Looks to be a vintage decoy, probably 1930s-1940s, maybe older. The neck and head are both separate parts. Has 2 long cracks on the feather area, as well as a few small filler spots, and a few small marks on beak. However, very solid and sturdy Goose. The bottom has an oval stamp that says "WOODEN WILDLIFE - KENNEBUNK MAINE." Has anyone ever heard of this factory or manufacturer? Any Help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks You'all!

JESUS LOVES YOU!
soldiershonor
Newb

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:01 pm

Cant help you on your item but :welcome: anyway. Hopefully someone can help you and you decide to stick around for a while :thumbsup:
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby soldiershonor » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:17 pm

Hey SCoutdoorsman!

Thanks for my 1st Reply.....................I already feel welcome and hope to stay with the FORUM for a while. I live in South Carolina and just started collecting Decoys, which I think are great examples of Folk Art. Well, Take it easy everyone...................Ron
Thanks You'all!

JESUS LOVES YOU!
soldiershonor
Newb

Postby Dogman » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:26 pm

Soldiershonor, :welcome: glad you found this site :thumbsup:
Kennebunk is next door to me,but I can't say if I have ever heard of that particular co. before.If I find anything out I'll post up.
Have you tried doing a search on the web for that co.?
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby huntmq1 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:28 pm

:welcome:
Ron..... the user "Decoyinfo" should be able to help you. Look further down on this section and you'll see "ID decoys" and topics like that. Decoyinfo visits those topics and has posted that he will help everyone that needs it or asks for it.
:salude:
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:31 am

check the STICKY I posted for you guys at the top of the forum!!!!! Steve seems to really know his decoys....and he'll help for free!!! In fact, if you can give him a pic he will give a geberal appraisal of value as well as history data.
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby soldiershonor » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:29 am

:thumbsup: Hey Everyone!

Thanks for all your replies and help! Sometimes it takes me a while to get back to the Forum, as I'm using my Brother's computer. I appreciate all your help!

Ron

God BLESS!
Thanks You'all!

JESUS LOVES YOU!
soldiershonor
Newb

Postby soldiershonor » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:02 pm

:cool: Hey Again!

I now have some photos of this decoy. Just email me at soldiershonor@charter.net if you would like to have some sent to you. Thanks Again!

Ron
Thanks You'all!

JESUS LOVES YOU!
soldiershonor
Newb

Return to Duck Decoy Forum