enticer full body mallard

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, fowlhunter, Remman, DUKHTR

enticer full body mallard

Postby MallardKiller » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:48 pm

hey guys i was wondering how good the enticer full body mallard work i wanted to buy a couple of them but i was wondering how well they really are and how well does the paint stay on and are they good for the price
thanks

Daniel
Call'em, Whack'em And Stack'em
MallardKiller
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:45 pm

I don't think they are very good but I bet you can still shoot ducks over them. Have you checked out the GHG fullbody mallards. I don't like Avery/GHG much but they look pretty good. The Hardcore ones also look very good(may have to try a few out).
Last edited by ks_waterfowler on Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:51 am

I am firm believer in full bodies on the bank, on the tidal mud etc. Having some decoys out of the water (or in a goose field) can be very realistic!The Enticers I don't like for the head shape, but I do like the flexible base....saw a piece on DU with Wade Bourne actually nailing the flexible bases on a log.....ended up with a very realistic scene.

I have a set of full bodies from Eberhart......they are plastics, and I painted them myself after negotiating a special deal Scott made with me....I am very pleased with the paint adhesion and the resting head position is excellent....the only downside I guess is that you use a section of pvc pipe as the legs/stakes....so you need a generally soft ground to set them in.....or w/out the stake they sit nicely on grass.

I believe the Enticers are about $50 for four???? That seems expensive....Eberhart I think is charging $99 for a dozen painted mallards or pintails, but check the site to be certain.
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Check These Out

Postby InTheDecoys » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:36 pm

InTheDecoys.... Take em
InTheDecoys
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:49 pm

they look good .....thanks for sharing....how much for how many????
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

hey

Postby MallardKiller » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:48 pm

hey there are 4 of them for $50 i think they look great but thats IMO
Call'em, Whack'em And Stack'em
MallardKiller
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:10 pm

I thought it said on the avery site that they are like $90 for a 6 pack.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby InTheDecoys » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:07 am

It says they will sell them for 89.99 MSRP a 6 pack. Dealers will sell them a little cheaper though.
InTheDecoys.... Take em
InTheDecoys
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:55 am

comparing the GHG to the Enticers I would say the GHG are much better....but more suited for flat and probably firm surfaces due to their stand......the Enticers can be more practical in the use I noted above....but that head shape 'kills' me......cost seems to be competitive between the two....if I were going for numbers though, I would go with the Eberharts for cost effectiveness....just my two cents! Whatever you decide, I do encourage using some full bodies to add realism to your set.
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby DUKHTR » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:17 pm

Hey guys......I just saw the pics of the new HardCores.....very nice!!!!! They have six poses.....$80 per 6 (one of each posture) or $160 for a pair of each pose.........I think that is even more economcal than the GHG which I believe is 6 for $90? I am an Avery 'fan' in many ways, and they have always been more than competitive on almost all their products, but the Hardcores are better for realism and variations of posture....... and less expensive!
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Duck Decoy Forum