Cabelass Real-Image Mallard Decoys

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

Cabelass Real-Image Mallard Decoys

Postby ks_waterfowler » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:16 pm

I just got a Fall Cabela's today and was looking through the waterfowl decoys. I saw these awsome looking duck decoys. They have a very good paint scheme and are a little cheaper than G&H decoys at 85 bucks a dozen. Tell me what you think of them and if they would be worth trying. Thanks
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby pj » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:24 pm

I work at Cabela's and I've haven't heard of em yet. Go figure. I'll look into it.
For every tear a smile.
pj
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:53 pm

GHG look just as good.... And are cheaper... I don't think i'll guy any.

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Jeepman:-) » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:13 pm

And how bout those goose dekes from GHG? They look good but are they durable?
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of HIGH EXPLOSIVES!
Jeepman:-)
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:16 pm

oh ya.... More durable than foots....

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 2rivers » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:17 pm

Hey Mallyard, IT is funny what you say at the end of your comments and I have a little story for you. My dad , me and two buddies were duck hunting and some ducks working us flew right over top about 40 yards, Iwas peering up through the brush and I saw this mallard drop a huge load of s#@t, well the ducks left or we shot later whatever but Ilooked at my buddy and his hat was covered in duck doodo. Later that same year in the same spot in the blind a flock of geese flew over a little high and what came out of the gooses butt, a big oh piece of something green and where did it land, right on top of the same buddy's hat. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but at least we got revenge on those honkers.
2rivers
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:30 pm

HAHAHA... That's great.... Never had that happen to me. Thank goodness.. :mrgreen:

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Real Image Decoys

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:14 am

My buddy bought a dozen of those Real Image Decoys and they kick GHG decoys in the butt. I am gonna sell my GHG Hot buys to get a dozen of those. They look almost exactly like a real duck. There heads have an iridescent shine to them that looks awesome. We held them side by side to the life size GHG and it was a hands down win for the Cabelas decoy.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby QUACKHEAD » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:31 pm

What will you sell your ghg dekes for? Buy the way i was just up at cabales last weekend for there fall hunting expo, what a mad house but i did walk out w/two boxes of the ghg full body geese. They are nice but it is going to be hard to take care of the heads being they are flocked.
A bad day in the feild beats a good day at work, ANY TIME!
QUACKHEAD
Membership permanently suspended

Postby ND_Duckslayer » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:39 pm

I've seen both and they both look good. I like the GHG because they might not be quite as realistic as the Real Image dekes, but than compare 24 bucks a dozen to 85 bucks a dozen...I agree, the real image looks better, but I just can't see spending that much more when the GHG's are almost just as good...and cheaper! :yes:
"If it flies, it dies...and if it just sits there and doesn't move, IT STILL DIES!!!"
-Phil Robertson, a.k.a. the Duck Commander
ND_Duckslayer
hunter

Postby Duckhunter16 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:27 pm

Duckslayer I have to agree with you infact I went to Cablea's fall expo and got my ghg hot buys for 20 a dozen you can't beat that :smile:
IF IT FLIES IT DIES

I am a member of peta
People Eating Tasty Animals
Duckhunter16
hunter

Cabelas's Real-Image Mallard Decoys

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:20 pm

Quality over Quanity. Bought cheap decoys last year, and paint peeled off of them. Maybe these will hold up better, but all the reports I have been getting on the goose decoys lead me to believe that they use low quality paint since many people's decoys are peeling already.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Re: Cabelas's Real-Image Mallard Decoys

Postby Poke Boater » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:05 am

ks_waterfowler wrote:Quality over Quanity. Bought cheap decoys last year, and paint peeled off of them. Maybe these will hold up better, but all the reports I have been getting on the goose decoys lead me to believe that they use low quality paint since many people's decoys are peeling already.

ks_waterfowler,

Some deke factories have yet to master the art of painting without peeling. Feather Flex has a new owner and I hope they have a better idea than the old one did on paint sticking to hens like it should.

They just have to look like a duck to get the job done. Alot of natural movement is a plus. Now that many are really looking like a duck. We are the ones decoying now! Kinda reminds you of the fishing lure makers.

Cree guides still pile mud with a stick head for a goose decoy. :salude:
#1 If a falling duck's head is "held up" shoot again.
#2 If a downed duck lays still on the water with it's head "held down" straight out and you detect ANY movement across the current or not with the wind shoot again.
Ouabache!
Poke Boater
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum