Silhouette Goose decoys

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DUKHTR, fowlhunter, Remman

Silhouette Goose decoys

Postby Illinois-Ducker » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:37 pm

Ok, this is the first year i really started to field hunt for geese. I have about 4 dozen shells and only 8 full. Also, every once and a while i through in two flyers to make it look real. I was looking at full bodies the other day and turned right away when i saw the price. Then, looking at silhouette decs, it looks pretty good.......... YES OR NO?????
Illinois-Ducker
State Moderator

Silhouette Goose Decoys

Postby ks_waterfowler » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:49 pm

If you are going to buy some, go with Real-Geese Pro Series. I have some Outlaws and I think they really suck :thumbsdown: They look like mirrors when there is even the littlest sun. The Real Geese are by far a lot better.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:53 pm

I agree... But You cant go wrong with the fullbodys... Try and work up a spread. Thats what I'm doing now. I bought all my shells last year and might by 6 FB's this year. Just slowly work up a spread spending mabye like 150 bucks a year. And save duriing the summer also just do some extra work and say, ok that money goes fro goose hunting... And bingo before you know it, in a couple of years you've got a good spread.. :getdown: ... Hope my info helps..

Mallayrd
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Illinois-Ducker » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:44 pm

Yeah, i might try to get a little of both because i know some people here in illinois that could get me some full bodies for a pretty reasonable price.
Illinois-Ducker
State Moderator

Postby Jeepman:-) » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:21 pm

AW.... just take out a loan and get the Drop Zones! LOL I saw those and wondered if they were gold plated or something? $1500 a doz!?!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of HIGH EXPLOSIVES!
Jeepman:-)
hunter

Silhouette Goose decoys

Postby Duckhunter16 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:44 pm

Jeepman:-) where can I see a pitcher of these Drop zones I want to make sure they are not pure gold :smile:
IF IT FLIES IT DIES

I am a member of peta
People Eating Tasty Animals
Duckhunter16
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:54 am

Maybe they lay golden eggs? :toofunny:

Back to the subject at hand, as mentioned the proseries RGs have a no shine finish on 1 side. :thumbsup: About $130 retail as I recall. I get them after the season ends for $90-100 :hammering: Occasionally the RGs will come up for resale and used ones go for $50 to 85 a dz depending on condition. FBs are great-but they do take up room. If lack of room is an issue (no trailer) then the RGs are the way to go IMHO. But if you have the trailer and have the $ the FBs are best. I have both, I use the silos when I can not drive into a field or for late season when I need to bulk up on numbers for the spread.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Duck Decoy Forum