Snows

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DUKHTR, fowlhunter, Remman

Snows

Postby hoosier dhr » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:01 pm

When hunting snows do you keep the decoy brands seperete (shells in one place FBs in another and windsocks in another) or just mixem up? Thanks for any advice.
leave it better than you found it!!!
Go Canes
hoosier dhr
hunter

Postby SteveInTN » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:39 pm

We've had good luck over the last couple of years by mixing the FB, Texas Rags, and Wind Socks with heads together since they have about the same body size. It give the appearance (we think) of a normal flock since some have their heads up and some don't (the rags). All of our shells are much smaller in body size and we tend to keep those close to our layout blinds, even on top of them.

Snows are so spastic though it is hard to tell. My best hunt to date was without a single decoy, only some loud calling and a lot of snow on the corn field. 2 out of 3 hunters ran out of shells that day!
"I'll start spending less time with my dog and more with my wife when she starts fetching ducks for me"
SteveInTN
hunter

Postby Chris_Hustad » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:01 pm

I agree, mix 'em up.
Chris_Hustad
Site Admin

Postby h2ofwlr » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:40 am

Put more socks upwind on the leading edge. put the Full bodies in the honey hole as they will key in on their realism--same for putting the FBs as walkers on the outside edge of the spread. Shells can go most anywhere.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Duck Decoy Forum