Are the Hot Buys really hot buys?

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, fowlhunter, Remman, DUKHTR

Are the Hot Buys really hot buys?

Postby Duckhunter16 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:59 am

Are the GHG hot buys really hot buys or are they to good to be true at $25.00 a dozen?
IF IT FLIES IT DIES

I am a member of peta
People Eating Tasty Animals
Duckhunter16
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:03 am

There great decoys.. I orderd a doz of em... And are happy with them so far. I got them this spring so I havn't got the privlage of hunting over these bad boys but can't wait to get em in the water...

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby h2ofwlr » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:34 pm

They had alot of problems with paint adhesion the last 2 years. Just a cheap quality decoy in my book. I have always figured that you get what you pay for. But if on a strict budget - they are better than no decoys at all. I personally do not like the fact that they are made in Communist China where workers are paid 32 cents an hour on average.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Duckhunter16 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:15 pm

h2ofwlr wrote: I personally do not like the fact that they are made in Communist China where workers are paid 32 cents an hour on average.

I really don't like that eather
IF IT FLIES IT DIES

I am a member of peta
People Eating Tasty Animals
Duckhunter16
hunter

Postby rivrduk » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:35 pm

DH16,

I bought a dozen of the GHG "Hot Buys" last year and was able to use them on the river all season here in Arkansas, and had very good hunts over them. The "Hot Buys" are a little smaller than the normal standard decoy, and because of the relaxed position have a lower profile in the water. I did have them mixed with standard dekes. This mix (I felt) added to the realism of the spread (add a swivel head or two if you can)

I hunt rivers mainly so the focus of the flights are already in my direction. I do not have to get the attention with the larger dekes on the rivers like I have to in larger waters or flooded fields and/or timber.

I did not have any trouble with the paint, no more than normal wear. My dekes have always taken the most abuse on the river hunts, so I was pleased with the outcome.

I have been hunting ducks since the late 70's for the money you can't beat the "Hot Buys" to build a spread.

Bring'em Down
rivrduk
hunter

Postby bigreave » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:39 pm

i bought a doz last fall after on year i think they are built solid. but the paint chips and there is not much of a neck to wrap cord around .
bigreave
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:46 pm

the paint falls off in some cases but some say there good deks
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Duck Decoy Forum