decoys

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, fowlhunter, Remman, DUKHTR

decoys

Postby redlegged mallard » Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:52 am

hey, does ne one know where i can get some cheap decoys?
redlegged mallard

Re: decoys

Postby michgnhntr » Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:53 am

redlegged mallard wrote:hey, does ne one know where i can get some cheap decoys?
YOU DON'T WANT CHEAP DECOYS
michgnhntr
hunter

Postby redlegged mallard » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:32 pm

i know i dont want cheap ones but im takling about cheap g&h's or goose big feet i dont really wanna pay $25 a peice for one big foot so if ne one knows where i can get them for a cheap price let me know thanks
redlegged mallard
hunter

Postby timmey9 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:18 am

Macks has some flambeau ones for like 25-35 a dozen. I know alot of people don;t like plastic ones, but they always seem to work great and i try not to shoot them. One time one flated away and the hunters near us thought it was a cripple and put 3 shots across it. It floated long enough for a dog to fetch it and all we had to do to fix it was put a drop of silicone in each hole. don't go to cabelas, they have alot higher prices than other places.
Last edited by timmey9 on Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timmey9
hunter

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:51 pm

i agree with ya foam decoys r pointless, i would much rather have plastic decoys im, but im not lookin for flambloue's im lookin for g&h

DECOYS

Postby LEADHEAD » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:40 pm

MACKS AND SEVERAL OTHERS OFFER A CHEAPER DECOY WITH A BEAUTIFUL PAINT SCHEME. I BOUGHT A COUPLE DOZEN LAST YEAR. THEY ARE VERY WELL MADE BUT........THE PAINT IS SO THIN THEY WILL SCRATCH UP WHILE YOUR'E LOOKIN AT EM. THEY HAVE THE SNAP KEELS WHICH IS OK I GUESS, BUT SEVERAL OF MINE STARTED LEAKING FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON (NO. I DIDN'T SHOOT THEM). OTHER THAN THE THIN PAINT THEY WORKED WELL. I RECENTLY GOT A MACKS CATALOG AND THESE WERE SELLING FOR AROUND 30.00 A DOZEN PLUS AN EXTRA 5.00 SHIPPING. NOT BAD AND THEY LOOK REALLY GOOD (UNTIL THEY LOSE THEIR PAINT)

BOUGHT SOME HERTERS A FEW YEARS AGO AND THEY LOOKED GREAT. BUT, THE FOAM WILL CHIP AND DENT CAUSING THEM TO LOOSE SOME PAINT.

I LIKE THE CARRY LIGHTS THEY HOLD UP PRETTY GOOD, ALOT BETTER THAN THE CHEAP FLAMBOWSSS.

G&H ARE PROBABLY THE BEST..BUT AT 100.00 A DOZEN... OUCH
LEADHEAD

Postby redlegged mallard » Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:23 pm

i will go to macks website and check it out. i dont wanna go with flambous but for the money i will. i defently dont want foam decoys the ice ***** them all up if u get out to the lake to late and they freeze up. i would like to go with g&h but i dont really wanna pay that much for a dozen i will just buy 2 or 3 dozen for the price of one. well thanks for the advice
redlegged mallard
hunter

DECOYS

Postby LEADHEAD » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:58 am

HEY REDLEG............

GO TO WWW.WINGSUPPLY.COM

THEY HAVE THE SAME DECOYS AS MACKS FOR 24.99 A DOZEN AND THESE ARE WEIGHTED KEELS. THEY ARE WORTH A TRY.

OR CALL THEM AT 1-800-388-9464 GREENVILLE KY
LEADHEAD

Postby dkhntr » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:22 am

You could always try those Avery Greenhead gear hot buys. Those look better than any decoy out there on the market.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass...
Fire sprinlers save your ***!
dkhntr
hunter

cheap decoys

Postby little goose » Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:36 pm

Dont get the hot buys they leak like crazy even though they are 20 dollars a dozen.
little goose

Postby Steelheader » Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:19 pm

little goose don't shoot the dekes and they won't leek. Greenhead gear full size are a better deke than the hot buys. They are bigger and look a little better. Avery had some paint issues last year but has fixed the problem. This seasons decoys look great. I just got a dozen and they are some of the best looking decoys I own. I also use Herters 72 and sucduks. Both are awesome looking dekes but dent, and cost twice as much.
Dam should have taken them on the last pass.
Steelheader
hunter

G & H deeks

Postby Underfire1 » Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:44 pm

I might have some G & H decoys for sale if you're interested. I just bought 3 dozen widgeon and 3 dozen pintail and got a pretty good deal. Let me know...

Rylan
Don't need the dog you say? We'll shoot em close you say? Well, better start strippin, it's gonna be a long swim!
Underfire1
Newb

Try Knutson's

Postby daddy_mallard » Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:26 pm

Try knutson's decoys their on the net.

John
daddy_mallard
Newb

Postby h2ofwlr » Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:26 am

It has been my experience that you get what you pay for. An example is Averys GHG decoys--nothing but paint flaking off last and this year, it is NOT worth it IMHO to buy "cheap" sporting goods. It if far better to buy good gear that lasts for many years. :idea:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duckkiller7 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:30 am

Heres your best bet. Go buy 1-2 dozen of each brand. Use them each the same amount and deciede which works and looks the best after each season. I think I have tried almost all of them. I am like a woman when it comes to purses or shoes. I am just man that can't get enough decoys. I personally after using the avery pealers, and the xps leakers. I have resorted back to old faithful the Flambeau Magnum Weighted keel. They may not always look the prettiest out of the box, but they sure hold up the best for me after a few years. Plus they stand bye there product Unlike G&H. I bought 4Doz G&H Goose Floaters a few years back, and had 11 leakers before the early goose season was over with. They were all leaking from the round seal in the butt. G&H replaced them 10 out of 11 that didn't make it another week. Thats when I talked to the owner of G&H at the Shot Show in LV a couple years ago, he basicly said "sucks to be you" and walked away from me. Thats when I decieded throw all my G&H away. You basicly got to go with whatever brand you feel comfortable with and you feel comfortable with.
duckkiller7
hunter

cheap deeks

Postby okshooter » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:37 am

www.sportsmansedge.com or .net im not sure the exact address now has flambeau deeks cheap...... they have standard mallards for 12 bucks a dozen plus shipping and teel are 15 plus shipping these are the cheapest i know of at the time
okshooter
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum