Ultimate Hunter Swim'n Decoy

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, fowlhunter, Remman, DUKHTR

Ultimate Hunter Swim'n Decoy

Postby Duckbuster109 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:14 pm

Has anyone ever seen one of these remote controlled decoys in person? Or does anyone know anything about it? I'm wondering if they make any kind of noise or anything. My girlfriend is going hunting with me this season and I figured I'd get one of these for her to play with if she happens to get bored.

As always, any help is appreciated!
If it flies, it dies.
Duckbuster109
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:14 pm

I know i guy that bought one just to fool around with. Its really quiet and he brings in alot of ducks with them.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby KCDuckMaster » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:51 pm

I dont know if any of you have looked at them up close or not but I have. If you unhook the decoy from the base you will notice that all it is just one of those toy waverunners or small boats. It's kinda funny because it still has the seats, just its not painted its just black. After seeing that I've been thinking about finding one of those toys and then taking an old decoy and cutting the bottom off and fitting it to the toy. It would be pretty easy I think and probably alot cheaper also.
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:07 pm

Got one in the shed right now. Mde it to see if I could do it and it has never seen the water.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby puddlerjumper » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:28 pm

Only problem wiht building one yourself is getting the prop tangled in the weeds because there is no cage around it unless you built one.
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:05 pm

KCDuckMaster wrote:I dont know if any of you have looked at them up close or not but I have. If you unhook the decoy from the base you will notice that all it is just one of those toy waverunners or small boats. It's kinda funny because it still has the seats, just its not painted its just black. After seeing that I've been thinking about finding one of those toys and then taking an old decoy and cutting the bottom off and fitting it to the toy. It would be pretty easy I think and probably alot cheaper also.

ya i know i think its sorta funny. You think that if Bass Pro and other stores would sell them it would be a little better than that.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Return to Duck Decoy Forum