Fold Up Decoys? Inflatable decoys?

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DUKHTR, fowlhunter, Remman

Fold Up Decoys? Inflatable decoys?

Postby yellodog1 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:11 pm

Has anybody seen these Fold Up Decoys (FUD's). What kind of gimmic are these things? If anybody has bought any, admit it now!!!

That and the inflatable ones, you cant be serious!!!!
yellodog1
State Moderator

Postby texan68 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:48 pm

why not????? sure I wouldn't use em in strong wind or rough water, but I think they would be great for walk ins.
texan68
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:53 pm

I was given some of the FUD decoys the other day. Haven't really looked at them yet. I guess they would be alright if you were trying to pack lightly. Same for the inflatable dekes. I guess I'd use them if I had to walk a long ways and I needed a light load.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby JJ McGuire » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:00 am

A buddy of mine has fuds and they work just as well as any other decoy.
JJ McGuire
hunter

Postby waterfowlwizard » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:37 am

I have three dozen goose fuds and 2 dozen mallard fuds, personally the geese seem to work awesome in the water, even in rough wind they move around and look very lifelike, only problem is I tend to loose one once in awhile that the anchor dislodges and it goes for a swim down river, lost 4 over last 2 years. I do not hunt with the duck fuds anymore, just seems like theres something about them at least in my area that the ducks dont like, I use green head gear life size mallards mostly. The geese are nice because most of my hunting is done on public, hence forth trek in and out on foot, we use a sled for full bodies then each of us hang a dozen fuds on our belt, dont forget the hammer though, you'll need it to pound down the metal stakes on them. In the field you can move around all the heads and bodies to portray feeders/resters aggresive callers ect, I feel they work really well, partly because few people use them so my spreads look different then the next guys. Thats my two cents
Jeff
If it flies it dies.
waterfowlwizard
Newb

Return to Duck Decoy Forum