Spinning wing decoy placement

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, fowlhunter, Remman, DUKHTR

Spinning wing decoy placement

Postby Bduckin » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:31 pm

Hey guys I am looking for a little help as to where to place my spinning wing deocy in my spread this fall. This will be my first season using such a decoy. Although I am very excieted to see what results it may bring, I am worried that if placed in the wrong location it may hamper ducks from landing in the decoys. Should I place it near the blind, or at the edge of the spread? What have you guys found when using these decoys? Any help would be greatful.
Bduckin
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:58 pm

when i have used them...we usually put them about 20 yards out in front of us and in the middle of the decoy spred. normally right on the edge of the landing zone.

works well for us.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:52 pm

Havent seen that it makes a lot of difference we have put them right beside us or out in the decoys. Just dont put it to far out because lots of times birds will want to land out on the other side of it, and that will put em out of range.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby greenster » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:58 pm

Middle of deeks, into the wind
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby QuackWacker08 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:56 pm

:withstupid: ...and now bashers please.
QuackWacker08
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum