Herters vs Carry-lite

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

Herters vs Carry-lite

Postby texan68 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:40 pm

Like I said in the topic below, I'm looking to buy a half doz. canadas for my spread. Should I go with the Carry- lite weighted keel floating goose decoys, or the Herter's model 96 goose decoys?
texan68
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:30 pm

like i said before big foots
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Big Foots or G&H

Postby ks_waterfowler » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:36 pm

I wouldn't buy anything but Bigfoots or G&H. If you go with the cheap decoys you get cheap results. If you are gonna invest that much, you might as well get something that will last.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby ND_Duckslayer » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:31 pm

I'll have to agree with them. I bought nothing but carry lites the first year out and I've regretted it ever since. The paint is more flaky than a politician!
"If it flies, it dies...and if it just sits there and doesn't move, IT STILL DIES!!!"
-Phil Robertson, a.k.a. the Duck Commander
ND_Duckslayer
hunter

Postby Bull_Can » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:01 am

Without a doubt, the Herter's geese float the best (ride the waves most realistically), but their heads are waiting to get shot off and the stem breaks. If you plan on hauling them around a lot and banging them up, go with plastic. If you don't mind repairing dekes every other year and want something that handles the water like cork...go with Herter's.

My two cents: I went with Herter's for years, but now the G&H's are what I take out because they are lighter and I don't feel bad banging them around! As for ducks, I put out my Herter's burlap covered cans whenever I am diver hunting. Heavy, but great in the water.
Christina, Ina, Anka Lake Association...help preserve our hunting heritage!
Bull_Can
hunter

Postby donell67 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:08 pm

if i only had a choice of heters or carrylites. i would have to go with herters.but you cant go wrong with g&h or bigfoots.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duckman911 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:38 pm

I would go with ther herters decoys can't go wrong espescially if you hunt big wavy waterways..
Shootem in the face
duckman911
hunter

Postby birdgunner04 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:45 am

All my G&H's cracked around the bottom of the keel after a couple of hard cold seasons
birdgunner04
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum