help

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DUKHTR, fowlhunter, Remman

help

Postby shanetheduckkilla » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:06 pm

i am wanting to get some decoys cause i only have 1 1/2 dozen mallerds and a dozen pintail what should i get i have teal gadwall widgon greenheads and pintails wut brand should i get any of those carry lite landing and taking of birds and some mojos or what?what do you have in your spread like what like of decoys cause this is my second year hunting and im only 14 and no one hunts besides my aunts and uncles and cousins in oklahoma so my dad takes me in the morning and just waits in the car while me and my little brother hunt so please help
shanetheduckkilla
hunter

Postby ND_Duckslayer » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:48 pm

Oh to be young again.... :welcome:

When I was your age I went out and bought a bunch of carry lite decoys too. Right now they're all in storage because the paint the company uses always flaked off. Now I know you're only 14, so money might be an issue, but if I had to do it all over again I wish I would have gone with some nice quality G & H decoys or those new Green Head Gear decoys. Since you already have a good number of mallard, why not buy some other ducks for added realism? Get a half dozen blue wing teal and a half dozen pintail. That would look really good in your spread. Don't be afraid to try new things...that's what hunting is all about!

Good luck this year!!! :thumbsup:
"If it flies, it dies...and if it just sits there and doesn't move, IT STILL DIES!!!"
-Phil Robertson, a.k.a. the Duck Commander
ND_Duckslayer
hunter

Decoys

Postby ks_waterfowler » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:29 am

The white on the drake pintails is highly visible from a distance. I have 2 dozen mallards, one dozen pintails, and one dozen greenwing teal. Just get whatever kind of ducks you see alot of. I got greenwings cause we see a lot of them during the regular duck season.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum