Duck Hunting Forum banner

Need advice !!!

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  texan68 
#1 ·
:help: I need some advice on getting some new duck decoys. I have saved enough out of the family buget to do one of two things. 1st buy a dozen GHG hot buy decoys and an air lucky duck non powered decoy, or 2nd just buy a baby mojo duck. All I have for decoys are 4 Flambeau mallards, 2 Carry Lite mallards, and one Flambeau canvas back. Note that we don't get huge flocks of ducks or gease in my area. What would you guys do besides move?

#2 ·
Leave the air lucky in the store and spend that money else were. I bought one last year and didnt like it at all, the wings dont spin half of the time, then mabye one will get going and that just dont look right. I have plans to use it for a nother type of moation deke.

As for as the lack of ducks. TAKE UP GOLF! :toofunny:

#4 ·
As much as I hate to admit it, I believe the baby mojo would be much more effective than just buying another decoy. We kill alot of ducks with just the mojo mallard. We also kill alot of ducks with 1/2 dozen decoys and a robo duck. I would pick up the Mojo Mallard before I bought anything else.

#6 ·
:thumbsup: Thanks guys for youre input. I think that I will go with the mojo and throw in enough for the GHG hot buys. I will also try that Jerk cord thing. I'll let you know how it works out. I just got in from watching 100 to 150 Canadas in a feild and when they lifted off there were about fifty ducks with them, can hardly wait for Oct. 1st opening day.Dam just scorched my supper, oh well a little charcoal never hurt anyone. :toofunny:

keep the sport alive take a kid hunting/ fishing

#7 ·
well both of those options cost $65. of the to choices i would go with the baby mojo. because is worth the money. a friend of mine has those hot buys and they are terrible.
i personally would use the money to by decoys. 1 doz real image $85 dollars, 1 doz over size ghg mallards $75, 1 doz reg herters $75, 6 pack herters magnum 72's "armored" $70.
if you need the stuff to rig your decoys you could get a doz life size ghg mallards for $50, and have enough left to buy some line and weights. the reg ghg are pretty good.

had

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.