FS Floater to Field decoy stands

Post your NON-COMMERCIAL items here for sale/trade/wanted. No Company ads of products or services are allowed except for SPONSORS.
Contact webmaster@duckhuntingchat.com if you're a CO. that is interested in advertising on DHC.
NO general commentary posts are allowed in the Classifieds. ONLY posts directly relating to the negoitation to the item listed are allowed.

Moderators: Dep6, HENDU3270, PADUCKSTUFFER, fowl_wishes

FS Floater to Field decoy stands

Postby tenfingergrip » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:19 pm

One dozen (12) Steady, heavy gauge wire stands that will hold your floater decoys up for use in field hunting or mud flats. Plus 6 pair of "orange legs" for more realism. $20 plus shipping

The story:
OK you guys that only have floaters and want to hunt in the field....I was just cleaning out my storage room at the house and came across a dozen stands that I had made back in the late 80's for our hunts up in Canada.

When I first went up there in '85, all we ever did was pothole hunting. I only had floaters, we never field hunted except for geese. I soon saw the need for field decoys but my budget didn't allow a big expenditure. SO, I made some stands (24) out of heavy gauge wire to support the floaters for field hunting as well as mud shallows. They worked great! I left them up there in our storage house at our farmer's house and used them successfully for several years. I made a couple of dozen more to take up but in the meantime Santa brought me 3 dozen nice field decoys and since then I've bought another dozen fields and made a dozen out of floaters where I removed the keel. These stands got lost in the junk room here. Don't know where the 2nd dozen got to.

The stand's wire legs are 11 inches long and the base that the decoy rests on is approximately 9" long. The keel of the decoy simply slides in a slot in the heavy gauge wire frame and you push the wire stand legs into the ground.

I'm throwing in 6 pairs of "orange legs" like you see in the pictures that I had installed on my 2nd generation floater/field conversions. The legs simply slide on the wire stand and can be adjusted anywhere along the underside of the decoy for proper placement. These work and they are steady.

I took some pics out at the farm today. I never got around to painting these, so you may want to spray them flat black or whatever matches your field. They work and they are steady. Decoys are not included.

Last edited by tenfingergrip on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tenfingergrip
hunter

Re: Floater to Field decoy stands

Postby carolinagreenhead » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:47 pm

Pm me an address to send a money order to please.
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Re: FS Floater to Field decoy stands

Postby tenfingergrip » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:31 pm

PM sent
tenfingergrip
hunter

Postby tenfingergrip » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:55 am

bmp
tenfingergrip
hunter

Postby getemducks » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:46 pm

:huh: are you a sponsor? I thought you couldn't sell what you made unless you were a sponsor?

I like the idea though you should have patent it there is now the DCVR that is almost the exact same.
Mini Goose Decoys - Inventor
"Gets the Longnecks closer"

Foamy Log Blind@ Prostaff
"Why sport an Oak when you can float a LOG!"

I wish I knew half as much, and shot half as many birds as the guys on DHC claim they do...
getemducks
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:48 pm

pm sent
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Return to Duck Hunting Chat Classifieds