Duck hunting New Mexico

Post your NON-COMMERCIAL items here for sale/trade/wanted. No Company ads of products or services are allowed except for SPONSORS.
Contact webmaster@duckhuntingchat.com if you're a CO. that is interested in advertising on DHC.
NO general commentary posts are allowed in the Classifieds. ONLY posts directly relating to the negoitation to the item listed are allowed.

Moderators: Dep6, HENDU3270, PADUCKSTUFFER, fowl_wishes

Duck hunting New Mexico

Postby Golf7826 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:20 am

Hello I'm new to duck hunting. I'm active duty Air Force looking for a good place to hunt. Looking to try to go out hunting over the next few weeks anyone have some tips? Or have room to teach a new new guy?
Golf7826
hunter

Re: Duck hunting New Mexico

Postby fishin444 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:12 am

NBot sure where you are stationed but if you are in Albuquerque. Hunt the Rio Grande between Los Lunas and Bernardo. You will need a key to the gates which you can get from the Rio Grande conservancy district $20.00. There is a refuge south of Bernardo but you will need to check which half of it is open on the day you want to hunt it. If you hunt the river you are going to have to scout out area well. I normally would make two or three stick blinds on sand bar as you are going to have a lot of guys hunting in your spots. Since it's all public hunting it's first come first served so if someone is already there and set up on your spot you can do very little about it. A couple dozen decoys will do mostly mallards Bernardo also has ponds that you can hunt also public on the south end. Good luck.
fishin444
hunter

Re: Duck hunting New Mexico

Postby Golf7826 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:09 am

I'm at Kirtland. Called around key is 35 with a deposit 15. Thank you for the tips
Golf7826
hunter

Return to Duck Hunting Chat Classifieds