wanted ducks

Post your NON-COMMERCIAL items here for sale/trade/wanted. No Company ads of products or services are allowed except for SPONSORS.
Contact webmaster@duckhuntingchat.com if you're a CO. that is interested in advertising on DHC.
NO general commentary posts are allowed in the Classifieds. ONLY posts directly relating to the negoitation to the item listed are allowed.

Moderators: Dep6, HENDU3270, fowl_wishes, PADUCKSTUFFER

wanted ducks

Postby skinsandfins » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:32 pm

anyone have any mountable duck they want to get rid of let me know. i am redoing my show room.. i will pay shipping thanks
skinsandfins
hunter

Postby mallard killer » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:10 pm

i have a pintail drake :wink:
Mallards:110
Teal:2
Wood Duck:0
Wigeon:5
Bands this year:1
bands total=5
Geese:4
Mule deer: 4x4
Pheasent:7
mallard killer
hunter

Postby skinsandfins » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:16 am

sent you a pm
skinsandfins
hunter

Postby skinsandfins » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:00 am

?? :help:
skinsandfins
hunter

Postby MissedAgain » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:17 am

There is some confusion on shipping waterfowl - even in giving it away. I tried to trade some mounts for decoys and got some informative responses.

Remember that - if someone does send you a bird (I've done it once in the past) - send 'em something to say thank you.

My Uncle comes down and hunts with us every year - one year he sent my dad & I each a folding Buck Knife - I was touched and have used that same gesture many times in proper circumstances. It is a good way to spend $20.

Duck hunters can always use more decoys. Maybe 1/2 doz of the same species bird they give you? Carry lites cost about $25 for 6.

All that being said, I won't be in a hurry to do it again. I made several special hunts to get the last guy the perfect bird in perfect condition (drake BW teal in full plumage) - never got a good thank you.
What duck?
MissedAgain
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:00 pm

MissedAgain,

Sorry about the guy who didn't send a proper thank you. I see people ask a particular question on here, ten guys respond, and the guy never has the common courtesy to even say thank you. It doesn't happen every time, but way too often.

The responses you got on the trading something for a gifted bird were probably accurate. Wild Migratory Waterfowl can not be bartered with in any form. No money, no trading, and no gifts in return. The thank you that you talked about is all that is allowed. Yes, the receiver can pay for postage, but not a penny more, and absolutely no handling fees. And please don't think I need a thank you in response for this info. :rofl:

-Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby quackattack84 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:55 pm

I have a 4 curl full plumage drake mallard shot this year. Want to get it mounted but dont have the money. Will put in the Jake Minner band that was onit if you can come up with something to trade.
quackattack84
hunter

Postby badandy970 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:47 pm

quackattack84 check out this before you post wanting to trade or barter please before you get in trouble.

The Migratory Bird Treaty Act became law, making it unlawful to take, possess, buy, sell, purchase, or barter any migratory bird. The Act's prohibitions applied to the feathers, parts, nests, and eggs of these birds.

http://www.fws.gov/migratorybirds/intrn ... atlaw.html
Semper Paratus
Final Approach Pro-Staff
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff
Duck Junkies Pro-Staff
Sitka AK. Ducks Unlimited
TEAM TRIPPLE H
TEAM BUSH QUACKED
badandy970@hotmail.com
badandy970
Forum & State Moderator

Postby skinsandfins » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:04 am

Just an FYI it is illigal to sell water fowl or to get anything in return for it. that would be why most people will just pay for shipping and say thanks in the end. A taxidermist can lose his lic for such an act and you may lose your hunting rights.......

im still looking lots of posts but no birds thanks a ton peace
skinsandfins
hunter

Postby lostpup » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:02 pm

Pm sent :thumbsup:
lostpup
Forum & State Moderator

Postby lostpup » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:04 pm

Pm sent :thumbsup:
lostpup
Forum & State Moderator

Postby skinsandfins » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:44 am