SOLD! Snow Cat Transport Vehicle

Post your NON-COMMERCIAL items here for sale/trade/wanted. No Company ads of products or services are allowed except for SPONSORS.
Contact webmaster@duckhuntingchat.com if you're a CO. that is interested in advertising on DHC.
NO general commentary posts are allowed in the Classifieds. ONLY posts directly relating to the negoitation to the item listed are allowed.

Moderators: Dep6, HENDU3270, PADUCKSTUFFER, fowl_wishes

SOLD! Snow Cat Transport Vehicle

Postby captainduckhead » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:45 am

Up for sale is a diesel powered "Snow Cat TYPE" of vehicle. Manufactured by Go Tract. This would be perfect for duck clubs or hunting clubs to transport hunters into the marshes or over rough terrain and snow. This Snow Cat looks like the one in the movie "The Shining" it has two tracks that are about 24" wide, with steel cleats. The cabin seats 2 people and is heated, it has an escape hatch in the roof. It is equipped with headlights, forward and aft flood lights, and an electric winch that has a remote control so it can be operated from inside or outside the cab. It is powered by a 4 cylinder Cummins Diesel engine with 509.1 hrs on it. It weighs between 4500 and 5000 lbs. it will go about 20 mph in high range, wide open, it also has a low range. The transmission was just rebuilt. I do not know the year of the vehicle. The vehicle will be sold as is, you are welcome to examine it, and test drive it, and put it through any test you'd like prior to buying it. please feel free to post questions.Image
I can help arrange shipping at the cost of the buyer. We are open to offers on this unit, but don't offer less than $5,000.
Last edited by captainduckhead on Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby captainduckhead » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:07 pm

The width of this vehicle is 90"
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby captainduckhead » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:05 am

Also I can provide a shipping quote if needed
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby captainduckhead » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:05 pm

No One Loves My Snow Cat? :thumbsdown: C'mon there has to be a hunting club somewhere that just has to have this thing.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby joshco84 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:48 pm

I would love to have it, but we dont really have enough snow in kansas to justify one :thumbsup:
Who knew strippers had feelings?

Botiz630 wrote:Careful, then you'll have to get something to get rid of the geckos. And then something to get rid of what got rid of the geckos. Before you known it your camp will be full of great white sharks fighting velociraptors.
joshco84
Leg Humper

Postby captainduckhead » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:54 pm

They work in mud too :thumbsup:
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby joshco84 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:41 pm

Well right now we have plenty of mud. Went out scouting geese tonight and it is a muddy B!tch. Sorry for the hijack, good luck with the sale.
Who knew strippers had feelings?

Botiz630 wrote:Careful, then you'll have to get something to get rid of the geckos. And then something to get rid of what got rid of the geckos. Before you known it your camp will be full of great white sharks fighting velociraptors.
joshco84
Leg Humper

i want to buy your snow cat

Postby noriko » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:09 am

i live in idaho and need a snow cat. How much does it cost to transport to Boise, Idaho?

Does it run fine? Any mechanical problems that are serious?

thanks,
Kevin
noriko
Newb

Postby captainduckhead » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:40 am

Kevin, Thanks for the response. There are no mechanical problems at all with this machine. The transmission was just rebuilt about a week ago. There was a problem getting it out of low range. So we had the transmission rebuilt. Otherwise everything needed is exterior cosmetics. It could use a new paint job. Although there isn't really any serious rust, just your average run of the mill type of surface rust. Mechanically everything works very well, the lights, the winch, all of the components work quite well. If you'd like an inspection done, I can give you a list of reputable diesel service place in my area. I'm sure for a fee they would be happy to come out and take a look and run it for you.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Snow cat

Postby Snowcat » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:32 am

Hi, saw your snow cat online. Do you have any other pictures? Please give me a call. 702-296-9827 Thanks Frank :lol:
Snowcat
Newb

Postby captainduckhead » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:31 am

I was advised to clarify my asking price. We are not asking $5,000. If you can buy one of these for $5,000 then good for you, go buy it. We will sell this thing for $13,000.00 thank you.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Return to Duck Hunting Chat Classifieds