For Sale -- 18.5 Durracraft Duck/Bass/Hunting Boat

Post your NON-COMMERCIAL items here for sale/trade/wanted. No Company ads of products or services are allowed except for SPONSORS.
Contact webmaster@duckhuntingchat.com if you're a CO. that is interested in advertising on DHC.
NO general commentary posts are allowed in the Classifieds. ONLY posts directly relating to the negoitation to the item listed are allowed.

Moderators: Dep6, HENDU3270, PADUCKSTUFFER, fowl_wishes

For Sale -- 18.5 Durracraft Duck/Bass/Hunting Boat

Postby Danno » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 am

This is a '96 Durracraft all alunimum john style boat.

It has a '96 Johnson 88SPL engine with tilt/trim from motor,console and bow ... But it has a cracked piston on cyl #1. (bad day on da delta last saturday........

The motor just had the lower unit rebuilt for $980 last July at Inland Marine.

Also has new 14 months -- A 24v Motor Guide #82 Ditital Trolling Motor with Big Foot and 3 new Costco/Kirkland Deep Cycle batteries.

I am currently looking for a used motor -- but also am ready to move up into a bigger bass boat for the family at the same time.

This boat is solid, has seating for 5 easily, a BIG gun box storage, two additional storage areas, a huge glove box, and two BIG livewells in the bow/stearn decks.

Full Console, with stering/throttle/trim/bilge pump/nav lights/areator pump/fire extinguisher.

Hummingbird 575 Fish Finder with Temp.

Rod holders, Seats/Post, more .....

Side railing is all set for pop-up blinds (I do not have them)

Trailor is solid as well with lights, bearing buddies, side loading plates, winch and Ca Perma Liscence.

All titles are clear...

$2800.

Danno
hunter

Postby CCducker » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:42 pm

Any idea on what repairs would be on the engine?
The Producers

People ask me what duck hunting is
I tell them its cold, its muddy, its bloody, and its early as hell in the morning....you will hate every second of it. Me? I love it...
CCducker
hunter

Postby Danno » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:35 am

CCducker wrote:Any idea on what repairs would be on the engine?

CCducker ..... Best would be to buy/install a new/remanufactured powerhead I was told -- The powerhead will run around $2800 to $3500 depending on witch manufacture you went with.

I imagine if you took off the front (carbs/intake) to access the rod jurnals and head you can remove the piston and possible install a new one and rings -- But I would tend to believe that the cylinder would need to be rehoned -- so if some is mechanically inclined they could do a complete piston/rods/rings rebuild themselves with a kit for $380.

Best option is findind a motor to swap with (Johnson Evinrude for the same controls) .... I did find on-line these two but they are 600 miles away. ~~> http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/boa/556529472.html and ~~> http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/boa/600252081.html

Ultimately we are ready to pull the trigger on a 21' Triton now as we bass fish now with the boys almost exclusively.

So my wifes and my decision now is to cut our losses and see if someone else wishes to find a replacement motor, rebuild this one or put on a new powerhead.

If you want to talk to someone personally that does this and knows this boat/motor .... Call Frank at Inland Marine and ask him about "Dan's" boat -- They pulled the head off last Monday and told me the news before rebolting it back on. 925-757-1714

Cheers,
Dan
Danno
hunter

Postby Danno » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:08 pm

Boat has been Sold.

Thank you for your interest.

Danno
Danno
hunter

Return to Duck Hunting Chat Classifieds