Alabama guides

Discuss Alabama duck hunting and more.

Moderator: David

Alabama guides

Postby doknov1984 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:51 pm

I'm new to Alabama just moved here from Michigan. I am trying to find a guide down here were I can try and get a job. I have plenty of hunting experience and want nothing more then to do it for a living. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it
doknov1984
Newb

Re: Alabama guides

Postby BamaFowler13 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:36 am

Where in Alabama do u live? I dont know of a single duck guiding service in north alabama where im from. The only place i could think there be one or two would be around Guntersville but not real sure on that. I think there's a few "hunting plantations" in central Al but those are usually not fair chase hunts. If you live way down south, there may be a few in the delta but never hunted down there myself so not sure. There just isnt a big demand for duck guides around here cause most people that wanna pay to kill some ducks are gonna go outta state. If all else fails you could start up your own guide service or work in a different state for the season, i've known some people to do that. I know this may not help alot, seeing that im uncertain on most of it but i figure a little help is better than none. Oh and welcome to Alabama, i hope you find it very enjoyable here just dont get your hopes up about killin alot of ducks, now deer are a different story. :thumbsup:
BamaFowler13
hunter

Postby doknov1984 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:05 am

I live in florence but am willing to move again. I figured I would try and get a good season in down here before heading over to Arkansas because last time i posted something on there page about guiding I basically got ran out of town. I am willling to relocate to do this. I also have my own boat decoys and a 3 yr old black lab
doknov1984
Newb

Postby David » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:33 am

You will be very disappointed. There is a reason there aren't any guides in Alabama. Well, other than a few farm duck "guides". If you want guides, you'll have to go over to the Mississippi river.
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Return to Alabama Duck Hunting