Ducks on Lake Weiss

Discuss Alabama duck hunting and more.

Moderator: David

Ducks on Lake Weiss

Postby Tim The Duckman » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:46 pm

I am interested in hunting Lake Weiss for ducks. My uncle has a place just up river from the Cherokee Cut. Just looking for some insite or suggestions.
Tim The Duckman
Newb

Re: Ducks on Lake Weiss

Postby pintails82 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:15 pm

I use to live in Jacksonville and hunt that area alot. Start scouting on the east side about 3-4 miles up. there is a series of small islands on the east side of the main river channel. I would set-up on the islands and slam ducks and geese all day long. :grooving:
mainly mallards, gads and ringers. use to be alot of canadaian geese up there too :beer: hope this helps
pintails82
hunter

Postby Tim The Duckman » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:35 am

Thanks for the info. Do i have to stay in the boat or can i set up on the islands?
Tim The Duckman
Newb

Postby pintails82 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:58 am

I use to do both. Just watch setting up on the bank, on someones property and good luck
pintails82
hunter

Postby 870express » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:21 pm

pintails82 wrote:I use to live in Jacksonville and hunt that area alot. Start scouting on the east side about 3-4 miles up. there is a series of small islands on the east side of the main river channel. I would set-up on the islands and slam ducks and geese all day long. :grooving:
mainly mallards, gads and ringers. use to be alot of canadaian geese up there too :beer: hope this helps

Love hearing this... I hunt Guntersville a lot and hoping to find another spot. When you would get the geese would you have to use decoys or no?
870express
hunter

Return to Alabama Duck Hunting