Hunting places

Discuss Alabama duck hunting and more.

Moderator: David

Hunting places

Postby Sprig14 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:36 pm

Ive hunted around Scottsboro Al pretty much my whole life and ive killed a pretty good variety and numbers of ducks but havent really done good these past two years and was wondering if anybody had any tips on what area to go around Scottsboro like Mud Creek, Town Creek, County Park, or Goosepond any tips? Thanks
Sprig14
Newb

Re: Hunting places

Postby jaker » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:53 pm

if you live there, you shouldn't have any problem goin to scout.......seriously, I live 3 hours away and i have scouted most of those places you mentioned in the last two weeks.

If you put in the work, it will pay off, otherwise your not gonna do that well...
2009 - 2010 (My boat)

Bw Teal- 7
jaker
hunter

Postby Sprig14 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:46 am

Can't really do slot of scouting I got school through the week and sports after that and all I can do us hunt on the weekend so I really don't have time to scout
Sprig14
Newb

Postby LouisianaFowler » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:44 pm

Weekends before the season starts are good for scouting. But be careful asking People on here about good places. We all bust our A$$es every year before the season starts watching birds, water levels, food source etc. Not being a jack *** but you can't get any info out of us from a 5 min paragraph when we put in weeks of work.
I like duck hunting...
LouisianaFowler
hunter

Postby jaker » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:52 pm

Sprig14 wrote:Can't really do slot of scouting I got school through the week and sports after that and all I can do us hunt on the weekend so I really don't have time to scout

seriously man?????? I'm gonna make this as simple as possible. you live close to the lake, make time.....go after practice, or before school. or after you hunt on saturday.....or don't hunt on saturday and go scout. Do you really think that school and basketball practice is more time consuming than full time jobs, college, or both?

don't take this harshly, I"m just trying to give you a wake up call, but If you have time and money to hunt then you have enought time and money to scout.
2009 - 2010 (My boat)

Bw Teal- 7
jaker
hunter

Postby qasas93 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:39 pm

Well I would have to say I baught my first boat this summer with this being said we fished numerous times with numerous baits and came home empty handed numerous times. It's not only the excitement of the catch it's the enjoyment of being out there doing it and learning as you go. I agree with the others if you want to hunt you have to put the time in to scout. My son and I started deer hunting this year and are going through the same pains as we did with fishing. Numerous trips and coming home empty handed but we do enjoy the time in the wilderness and have had tons of laughs. Now we are gearing up to try duck hunting. As it would be a true blessing to have someone step up and say hey guy's lets get you out there and you can see how it's done!!! I don't mind going out scouting or even hunting and coming home empty handed it's the excitement that this could be the trip that it all comes together. I like to think of myself as a respectfull hunter. I don't want to know where peoples favorite spots are. Also I don't want to go walking in on hunters when I'm out scouting. It's all in the leg work. What I would like is for someone to point me in the direction to learn how to use a duck call. It's sad when my Lab put's her paws over her ears and looks at me like "You Noob".....

Happy Hunting All and maybe we will see some of you all out there sometime.
qasas93
hunter

Return to Alabama Duck Hunting