Hunting on Lakes

Discuss Alabama duck hunting and more.

Moderator: David

Hunting on Lakes

Postby 870express » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:34 am

If you are hunting on a lake can you get out of your boat and hunt on a small island or do you have to be in your boat at all times?
870express
hunter

Re: Hunting on Lakes

Postby PiKappCutter » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:38 pm

I would say 99% of places you can be out of your boat, but check with your local game warden. I know a WMA in TN I hunt has a rule that you cant hunt outside of your blind.
PiKappCutter
hunter

Postby 870express » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:13 pm

thanks
870express
hunter

Postby deepmarsh1 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:07 pm

I may be completely wrong but I think that it is illegal to get out of the boat while hunting public water in alabama. The reason why you can get out at guntersville is because all the land at guntersville is TVA property and it is legal to hunt any of their property. But like any lake on the coosa river for instance is controlled by alabama power or say smith lake which is on the warrior river or black warrior or whichever is also alabama power. Don't hold me to this but I'm pretty confident that is the rule. If so, guntersville is the only public water you can wade, that I know of. Hope this helps.
chris_k wrote:An expensive acrylic Duck Commander call is like a 1981 Buick Lesabre with a fancy paintjob and 22 inch rims. $ spent on the exterior ... Nothing to show for under the hood.
deepmarsh1
hunter

Postby jack lowe » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:36 pm

what lake
Fresh prince of the bayou[/quote]jehler
mox wrote:If you say the water is too cold... then you sir, are a puss
"a lanyard and a few empy shells dont make you a duck hunter" - the duck commander
jack lowe
hunter

Postby shooter75 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:48 pm

if its private property then you can only float it and can not even let your decoys touch bottom. if its public property then you are completely fine.
Give me freedom or give me death!!!!
shooter75
hunter

Return to Alabama Duck Hunting