Looking at moving to Alabama

Discuss Alabama duck hunting and more.

Moderator: David

Looking at moving to Alabama

Postby the.hines » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:58 pm

I am in the USCG and I am station in Alaska right now. I have the chance to move to Eufaula or Demoplis Alabama. Which one has the best hunting in the area. Is there any Waterfoel hunting there? Please let me know?
"Respect is never given, but always earned"

Shawn "DEK" Hines
Franklin KY
the.hines
acct perm susp for duplicate use name

Postby David » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:29 pm

There is good deer/turkey hunting nearly statewide. There is public water all over the state, so there are always places to hunt waterfowl for everyone. Lake Eufuala is much larger than any of the water near Demopolis. As far as which one has the best waterfowl hunting, I'm sorry but I don't know the answer to that one. One thing to remember is that AL is between flyways, so duck hunting is often a real hunt to find where the birds are.

If you ever end up down towards Mobile, I can give you some pointers on places to start looking for birds, although each year is different.

Good luck,
David
David
Lefty

Postby evan4488 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:27 pm

hello, iam from tuscaloosa alabama and i was letting you know that i often hunt around demop and i have very good luck not sure about the other place you said but if you move to demop you can always drive to the mississippi fly away or the sypsy there not very far from there
evan4488
hunter

Return to Alabama Duck Hunting