AL State Duck Calling Championship
Info from 2007 AL H2XPO Website
Contest Date: September 8, 2007
Location: West Hall, Von Braun Center, Huntsville, AL
* The AL State Duck is open to residents of the state of Alabama.
* The Championship is a sanctioned contest, with the winner qualifying for the World Competition in Stuttgart, Arkansas on Nov. 24th, 2007.
* "Contestants in ALL sanctioned duck calling contests must have attained the age of seventeen (17) as of the hour of the World's Championship Duck Calling Contest."
* Pre-registration fee is $30, or $40 day of.
H2XPO Intermediate Open Duck:
* The Intermediate Open Duck is open to callers from any state that are 13 – 16 yrs of age. Registration fee is $10.
H2XPO Junior Open Duck:
* The Junior Open Duck is open to callers from any state that are 12 yrs of age or under. Registration fee is $10
* Intermediate and Junior Duck will be held together starting at: 10:00 a.m.
* Alabama State Duck: 3:00 p.m.
* H2XPO “Open” Duck: 30 minutes following the AL State
* H2XPO “Meat” Duck: 30 minutes following the “Open”
The competition routine consists of a 90 second routine where callers will be judged on their ability to simulate a hail call, greeting call, comeback call and feed call in hunting style sequence.
Cash and merchandise will be awarded to winners.