Thanks All!

Discuss Alabama duck hunting and more.

Moderator: David

Thanks All!

Postby tealbustin' » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:02 pm

Thanks for all the fellowship in this forum. I am afraid that I am getting out of hunting.
:thumbsdown:
I cannot find areas to hunt that I can afford, get to without a boat, or find anyone to help get me off on the right foot. Duck hunting is alot like deer hunting in that regard. As a newbie, getting started is harder than I thought.
Last edited by tealbustin' on Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
SWEET TALK 'EM IN... THEN BUST 'EM!
tealbustin'
hunter

Postby David » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:47 am

Sorry to see you getting out. I know it is hard in Alabama to duck hunt without a boat. I'm never hunted anywhere near Cullman so I really can't give any suggestions. The good thing about duck hunting is that you don't have to have property to hunt, just a boat, decoys and some nearby rivers and lakes. Good luck and we hope to see you back someday. Feel free to stop in any time.
David
Lefty

dont give up

Postby ALDUCKHU » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:57 am

im new to the sport to and just learning :welcome:
iv deer hunted about 15 years and just last year got help and a good place to hunt so it takes time for everything and im looking for a good
hunting bud i had one till June this year and my farthernlaw , best friend
past on iv got 364 ac. near Berry, Al alot of deer , trukey , and some ducks time to time but its hard to get help when it comes to hunting
but i feel that theres enuff game for everyone
good luck everyone !!!!!!!!
ALDUCKHU
hunter

Postby RHF » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:28 am

It is not easy. Tresspass laws make it tough without a boat (if you floating your legal, standing on the bottom your trespassing). I hunted for years using a canoe. Would paddle to a "off the beaten path" spot and stand in the sawgrass, brush, etc. This would require a wildlife management area to be legal here. Any near you? Even a beaver pond on a small creek might yeild a limit of woodies.
Sometime duck hunter
RHF
hunter

Return to Alabama Duck Hunting