WHats it like?

Discuss Alabama duck hunting and more.

Moderator: David

WHats it like?

Postby Bucky193 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:46 pm

Ive been wandering whats it like to hunt in alabama
If only my dog could talk and cook I wouldn't need a wife.
Bucky193
hunter

Postby Quackmasterextreme » Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:05 pm

I went back home for a couple of weeks during Christmas and did not see any ducks where my farm is located but there maybe alot of ducks around North Alabama and Southern Mobile county. I don't know but they are not in Ky or In. either.
Money can't buy skill. Determination and the will
to forever learn is all a true duck hunter needs.
It's not a sport, "It's my life."
Quackmasterextreme
Newb

Postby wbduckhunter » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:20 pm

does anyone have a computer in Alabama, if so how is the hunting in alabama.
was that a duck or ???????????????
wbduckhunter
hunter

duck hunting in Alabama

Postby Tyler » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:51 pm

Hey I have been on here reading alot on ya'lls recent posts but I have now just joined this bullitin board. I live in Rogersville,Al. I have just started duck hunting this year. My dad has always deer hunted and Im trying to get him into duck hunting. The hunting in Northern Alabama is pretty good but I have not yet found real good honey holes. I have a couple of ponds that we hunt and we killed 14 ducks in 2 days. Although thats probably isn't good compared to other guys.
Tyler
hunter

Postby wbduckhunter » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:08 pm

I have a buddy and I would like to hunt and kill somthing we have had no luck, but u killed 14 birds in two days that is great when are u going again

when is your season over and starts
is that deer hunting land or just somthing else
wbduckhunter
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:17 pm

:welcome: Tyler glad to have you aboard.
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

alabama duck hunting

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:11 pm

Its not where we deer hunt though. We hunt on a pond thats not all that big but for some reason the ducks are flocking to it. There are a total of 7 ponds in all in the feild that we hunt. We also have a place near town creek which has lots of ducks but for some reason they are not coming into our place very good. We have lots of diving ducks such as buffle heads but the mallards haven't been coming into our place yet. The main reason is that there are 2 hunting clubs around us and they have flooded grain feilds but next year im hoping to get some corn planted and get biologic feed for ducks planted. Its about 15 acres of woods such as tupelo gum trees and oak trees thats ranges from 3 foot of water to 7 feet deep. Then it flows into a cotton feild and floods about 3 acres of cotton there. The water level ranges from a foot to 4 feet deep and last time I went I had to use a canoe to get around. What I want to do next year is plant corn and that waterfowl forage stuff but Im afraid that when the farmer sprays that posion to kill the cotton leaves that it will kill my corn and biologic stuff that I planted. What part of Alabama do you hunt?? Good luck hunting. Tyler
Tyler
hunter

Postby wbduckhunter » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:21 pm

are u a member of those hunting club that u speak about

I thinking of trying to lease some duck land but i don't have a lot of money but just wondering how much people would lease there land and is it worth it
wbduckhunter
hunter

Alabama duck hunting

Postby Tyler » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:39 pm

No i am not a member of those hunting clubs but they said when they have a person to leave that they would let us join. I can't think of the clubs name right off. I found a field that had a 100 geese out there. I want to try to get permission. Its about 4 minutes from where we duck hunt and that is the direction where the ducks come from. The only problem is that there is a house within 200 yards . I don't know if they would let you hunt there or not.
Tyler
hunter

Postby IBBoykin » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:41 am

I went across northern Alabama this past spring with the family, in route to Gatlinburg for Spring Break. There are a lot of WMA's spread across there. Of course at that time, I would not expect to see many ducks, but they must hold all the Coots or at least the majority of them for the USA. Every body of water we passed had hundreds of coots on it.
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby chevyZ71 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:04 pm

i hunt the wma's. in the season they coots are mainly along the bridges and large bodies of water. not that many in the wmas and also dosent hold the majority. mississippi probably holds the most coots.
chevyZ71
hunter

Return to Alabama Duck Hunting